We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any new stores or restaurants?

Columbus,OH
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Any new stores or restaurants?

Does anyone know if there is any new shopping or restaurants in Hurricane Hole or Paradise Island Shopping Mall?

Haven't been there in a year and can't wait to get back.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any new stores or restaurants?

The Paradise Is. shopping mall is basically same-old, same-old. Not changed much from 2006 to 2007.

The Hurricane Hole plaza is slowly deteriorating. The plaza has been purchased by Atlantis, and the plans are to tear it down and build a new marina, etc. I understand that the last lease runs out in Jan. 2008

Accordingly, some of the tennants have already left, and some of the stores are empty.

As of last month, the News Cafe, Zio Gigi, Island Blue (Fresh Produce Clothing), the crappy grocery store, and a couple of other stores are still there, but there is a bit less there in 2007 than in 2006.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any new stores or restaurants?

So that you don't get the wrong idea, the stores that are there are still functioning as normal.

We had our breakfasts at the News Cafe, and had dinner at Zio Gigi three times. No problems. Christine is the new owner at Island Blue, and she's a doll.

Go around back to the Green Parrot Bar. It's at the marina next to the swimming pool. Everyone loves it there.

The grocery store was always lousy. It hasn't gotten any better. I wouldn't buy anything there but a newspaper, and at that, I would check the dates.

Columbus,OH
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any new stores or restaurants?

Thanks, sounds like it is status quo.

We go to the Green Parrot every time we are there. Great food.

chi-town
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any new stores or restaurants?

Bottom line.... what is the most convenient grocery store (in terms of quality) to go to within walking distance...

Columbus,OH
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any new stores or restaurants?

There isn't one within walking distance. Take the shuttle to town or stop on the way in.

Columbus,OH
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any new stores or restaurants?

Let me re-phrase that--there isn't one of quality within walking distance. I wouldn't touch the one in Huricane Hole with a ten foot pole.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any new stores or restaurants?

We walked and got Milk, Motts Apple Juice and Bread at the Hurricane Hole Shopping Center. We checked the dates and felt the bread and everything was fine. We needed a few "emergency" supplies before we took the Atlantis Shuttle to the bigger market. And a gallon jug of water.

Also, the Bristol liquor store (it's the 2nd one further back) in the Paradise Shopping Plaza next to Scotia bank, had the cheapest soda cans, beer, and small water bottles that we found anywhere. Only 75 cents a can for soda, $2.00 a Kalik and 70 cents for little water bottles. We got a gallon and a bunch of small bottles and then refilled the small bottles of water.

8. Re: Any new stores or restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 03:19