We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants

New York
Level Contributor
950 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants

Anyone have opinions on the following restaurants: The Pointe, Columbus Tavern, Blue Lagoon, Blue Marlin., Zio Gigi's.Is Seafire Steakhouse worth the $?

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants

Have only had lunch at the Pointe. Decent food, good service, prices are much better than other Atlantis venues. Outdoor seating. Patio Grille type place.

Columbus Tavern has not been up to par lately. Hope it gets back on track.

Blue Lagoon is the best of the best on Paradise Island, and not too bad on the wallet.

Blue Marlin is a moderate place, with moderate prices. Dining is local fare, and they are a bit slow. There's a nice dinner show (steel drums, limbo etc) which adds a nice local touch. Don't expect much.. and you'll have a good time.

Zio Gigi's - nice reliable Italian with personal thin crust pizzas and nice ambiance with very good pricing.

Seafires has decent food (think mortons) but is a bit sterile for a steak house. Like mortons, the "flavor" is salt.

I actually like this place, but I'm fully aware of what I'm sitting down to.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,728 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants

I agree with Scubaggirl on Columbus Tavern and Zio Gigi. Can't comment on the others.

virginia
Level Contributor
258 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants

I'm in agreement here also,

Our last meal at Columbus Tavern was disappointing, Blue Marlin is a bit lacking, but fun and worth a trip with kids. We LOVE Blue Lagoon, great food, terrific staff, wonderful experience

Seafire is the best steakhouse around, but that's not saying much.

I'd opt for the humidor if I wanted a good meaty meal.

Zio's is always a treat.

New York
Level Contributor
950 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants

Thank you!

New York
Level Contributor
174 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants

go to Cafe Martinque instead of Seafire. The strip steak is phenomenal. Also much better atmosphere and service and about the same price.

New York
Level Contributor
950 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants

Where is Cafe Martinique?Is it super fancy?

New York
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants

I am here at harborside and ate dinner last night at sea fire steak house .there is nothing bad I can say .its all good ,but if you are going with 4 people ,have a couple of drinks ,than expect your bill including the 15% grat to be at least $386.00.I had filet migneon and it was good but if you are going to spend that money I recomend mesa grill at the cove ,those dinners average $400.00.make sure you have the meal plan.the filet migneon was much better at mesa grill ,but I am not putting sea fire down.bigger porton and seansoned better .hey your paying for it

New York
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants

need a jacket at cafe martin

Maryland
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurants

we had a great dinner at Seafire Steakhouse, and I wouldn't call it sterile...it was kinda rocking for a Steakhouse...they played upbeat sould music, like Prince was blaring thru the speakers when we ate there. (sat 6/30)

Cafe Martinique is also in the Marina and we at there last year and I have to say it was excellent but a bit more sedate and romantic than seafire.

The Point is good for lunch. Breakfast is so-so. But the chicken breast sandwich, hamburger and chicken nuggets were a good lunch we got from there at least twice.

NYC
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurants

seafire is good but expensive. (correctly rated 4 stars)

avoid blue lagoon. pretty mediocre food for a high price. i don't know why it's 3 stars but it should be 2 at most. IF you HAVE TO Go here for some weird reason, again i strongly recommend against, then use the 10% coupon that's in the book/pamphlet.

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island