We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weight limit?

Denham Springs...
5 posts
Save Topic
weight limit?

Does anyone know if there is a specific weight limit for the slides? Also, my daughter is six and under 48 in. Will she be able to ride the current river or any of the lazy rivers with an adult?

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: weight limit?

No weight limit.( Where did you get idea of a weight limit?). Daughter can ride current & lazy river.

Maryland
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weight limit?

My SO is over 300 lbs. He rode the slides with no problem.

Your daughter will be able to ride the lazy river with no problems. She'll also probably love Splashers slides & pool. My son is well over 48 inches but he's also only six and that place is his favorite. He did also enjoy the lazy river but not as much.

Denham Springs...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weight limit?

Thankyou for the replies. I thought of weight not only because I am over 200 pds, but because my daughter may be six, but she only weighs 32 pds. I've never put her on a large waterslide, afraid she may get lifted by wind and fly off.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weight limit?

You can get a double tube (and put a life jacket on your little one) and ride all of the river/rapids. I did see people getting flipped occasionally. Also, wear water shoes. I didn't and my feet hit the rocks @ times. Some of the rocks were very smooth, but some were slightly rough.

New York
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weight limit?

its true that your feet can hit the rocks,I know because I smashed my toe on it .but the salt water in the ocean is healing it .it was a small cut.today will be the last day I can use the slides since I go home tomorrow.and yes tubes can turn over once in a while .I saw it. just have to hold on

Maryland
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weight limit?

If your child is small, you probably wouldnt want her to do any of the slides except for at Splashers. those are made for little ones & she'll be fine. My son's been riding them since he was 4.

As for the lazy river ride, I'd say take her in the dble tube. thats what we did and it was fun, fun fun. I wrapped my legs around him when we came to the slide...but you can skip the slides all together on the lazy river if you prefer.

7. Re: weight limit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island