We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bahamas from florida

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
394 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
bahamas from florida

We are looking into going to the Bahamas following our 1 week in Orlando next March. Probably a 5 night stay, prefer all inclusive. Does anyone know of a good US-based discount travel agency? We are from Canada and just want an add on to our existing vacation.

Thanks for your help!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bahamas from florida

You can try Apple Vacations website, or "cheapcaribbean" .com.

I have had my best success with US Airways Vacations website. Alternatively, a really good website is sidestep.com. I am not sure if you can book an air/hotel package together, or separately. I have done both, and sometimes you get lucky booking the air and hotel as separate items at a better price.

Not all that many all-inclusives on Nassau/Paradise Island. Breezes (Cable Beach) and Riu (Paradise Island) are the most popular, and more reasonably priced. Sandals will book an AI, but more expensive. The Radisson did an AI, including golf, but the hotel has been taken over by the Sheraton, and I think they are honoring existing AI bookings, but I don't think they are booking new AI's. You can book at Atlantis. Not an AI, but they do have different meal plans.

If you are looking at Breezes, RIU, or Atlantis, or whatever, please do your homework to make sure that what the hotels have to offer are inline with your expectations.

Another suggestion might be a condo rental (www.sunrisebeachclub.com). I have stayed at the Breezes, Riu, and Sunrise Beach Club. Each one very different. Depends on what you are looking for.

Just a quick note....the Bahamas are generally more expensive than Mexico, Cuba, or Dom. Republic.

Good luck

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,958 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bahamas from florida

BookingBuddy.com, Spirit.com

Best flights are usually from Ft Lauderdale airport since it is so close.

Many awesome Islands in the Bahamas, most commercialized is Nassau/Paradise Island.

Might want to look into other Bahama Islands (Eleuthra, Abaco, Andros) to really get a feel of the Bahamas.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
119 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bahamas from florida

The travel agency we use is excellent!!! Call Erika Travel in Enfield CT. They are awesome!

4. Re: bahamas from florida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2012, 13:45
Massachusetts, USA
Level Contributor
979 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bahamas from florida

songair234...........

i sent you a message

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
394 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bahamas from florida

Thanks to everyone for your help!

7. Re: bahamas from florida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island