We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor questions

Waterloo, Ontario
3 posts
Save Topic
Liquor questions

I read in one of the published travel guides that liquor stores aren't open on Sundays. We're arriving on a Sunday, so just curious if we'll need to wait until Monday to pick up some beer.

Also, does the "good" liquor store in the Paradise Shopping Center have any decent single malt scotch or cognac?

Thanks in advance

Texas
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquor questions

The liquor stores were open on Sunday. We prefered Bristol liquor store in the back of the Shopping Center. I know they had good scotch not sure about single malt, but will ask my husband if he noticed. Had great wines and good mixers, lots of rums so probably did??

chi-town
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquor questions

Bristol was closed most of the time I checked. The liquor store that faced the street was open until at least 7 on Sunday. Cases of beer will run $40 but hard liquor was surprisingly very reasonable. Around $12 - $15 for 1 liter of Absolut or Skyy. Pints of Smirnoff - $6ish. Pretty good selection but i don't know about the single-malt question. There is a minimum credit card payment of $25.

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquor questions

Not sure about Sunday but the liquor store in the shopping center carries a decent selection. Make sure if there's a particular brand or spirit you don't see ask them if they have it. We wanted Jamison and didn't see it but when we asked they had it under the counter.

Waterloo, Ontario
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Liquor questions

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Waterloo, Ontario
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Liquor questions

Followup question...I've seen references to people stopping at the "duty free liquor store" on the way in from the airport. I was under the impression there were no import duties on liquor, so wouldn't they all be duty free liquor stores? Are the prices/selection just better at say the harbour bay shopping center?

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liquor questions

All liquor stores are duty free. No real difference in pricing.

Some more "out of the way" spots have cheaper prices on common items, but you'll need to go to a store in the tourist area to get a good selection of liguor. Bristols would be my choice, but any downtown shop should carry what you need.

Reading...
Level Contributor
190 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liquor questions

For convience, is it better to get liquor at the airport due to the fact that we are getting transportation to the Cove from their transportation or are they willing to stop at a liquor store? We don't mind spending alittle more at the airport to save time but don't want to be ripped off ! !

Reading...
Level Contributor
190 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Liquor questions

Any info? WE are going in 3 weeks.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Liquor questions

I may be wrong.. but I don't think there's a liquor store at the arrivals area of the airport.

There are plenty near all the hotels, and some even inside the hotels. If your staying at the Cove, there's a liquor store on the strip across from the Marina Village.

10. Re: Liquor questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 02:17