We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must-Do Restaurants

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Must-Do Restaurants

We leave for Atlantis in 2 weeks and I have reservations for Fathoms, Carmines and the Poop Deck. Any other must-do restaurants? We tend to favor more laid back, casual dining - comfortable attire being the issue, not $$ - DH doesn't like to wear long pants on vacation!!!

Any good places we should add to the list where we would be comfortable in dress shorts and a golf shirt or similar attire?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,709 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must-Do Restaurants

You would be appropriately dressed for Zio Gigi. (Hurricane Hole)

A switch to long pants and you might want to try Luciano's and Cafe Matisse. (Nassau)

wv
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Must-Do Restaurants

We like to go to the Green Parrot. Outside on the marina, casual atmosphere and great food.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must-Do Restaurants

Thanks Tutman and armeewyf - I had those on my list of possibilities. I thought I read somewhere on these boards that Zio Gigi is closed the week we are there????

I suppose I can google it and see if I can find any information.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,709 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must-Do Restaurants

Not sure if Zio Gigi will be closed or not. All the stores at the Hurricane Hole have lost their lease due to re-development. I think that they are there until Jan 2008.

Just a hint for Poop Deck. Fish is very fresh and tasty. It is cooked whole, and they charge you by weight. If you order the fresh catch (Hog Snapper is delicious), make sure you tell them if you want a large or medium or small fish, otherwise they might give you too much fish for your liking.

Apparently, the portions are large at Carmines. You might want to share.

The Green Parrott cooks their food in a trailer. Don't let that scare you.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must-Do Restaurants

Thanks for the tips. Quick question about Poop Deck - does any of the fish come more "traditionally" prepared? My 11 y/o is a pretty good eater and loves mahi mahi, but we are used to seeing our fish more in the form of a filet on our plate! LOL! I ordered semi-boneless snapper once in Miami and boy was I surprised when it came out as a whole fish - eyes and everything! It was very good but the tiny bones caught me by surprise too. I'm not sure if my kids would be too thrilled with that option.

Also, thanks for the warning on the Green Parrot. Is it really good? I had the greatest shrimp scampi of my life that was prepared out of a truck in Hawaii, so I'm game if everyone says it is good and the food is safe.

What about Anthonys Caribbean Bar and Grill? I've read mixed reviews. Any thoughts?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,709 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must-Do Restaurants

I am sure you can get a traditional filet at Poop Deck. Good variety on their menu, and pretty kid friendly.

Anthony's is OK. I can't rave about it, but it's close, has alot on the menu, and more reasonably priced than the Atlantis restaurants.

Also try the News Cafe for breakfasts. (Hurricane Hole Plaza). Good value for your dollar.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must-Do Restaurants

We just returned from PI...Zio Gigi is closed the whole month of August for vacation.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Must-Do Restaurants

Also, if anyone is interested...Atlantis is putting up another tower in the Hurricane Hole area when these leases are up. As for Anthony's...we did not eat there, but there was a HUGE cockroach outside on the tiled sidewalk Friday night as we were leaving the shopping area next door...kinda made me glad we didn't get around to dinner there...I had suggested it earlier in the week, but DH vetoed my suggestion.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Must-Do Restaurants

Too bad about Zio Gigi. That would have been a nice break on the wallet and a definite crowd pleaser for the kids! Oh, well.

I also remember reading something about Columbus Tavern - any thoughts? I saw their menu online and it looks great. Would you recommend it?

We're also considering Chop Stix at Atlantis. Chinese food is a staple in my house and one of the kids' favorites. I have a reservation already - but haven't read much about it here. I'm guessing it isn't too popular, so that makes me wonder if we should skip it. Thoughts?

Vancouver,B.C.
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Must-Do Restaurants

Bahamian Club Bahamian Club Bahamian Club !!!