We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Nassau airport to Atlantis

Atlanta
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Nassau airport to Atlantis

My daughter and I are arriving in Nassau 1/22/08 and need to get to Paradise Island. From what I've read, the only shuttle service is with Majestic Tours and evidently that is more expensive that a taxi ride

(which a travel agent told me is $35 one way). We also will need to get from Paradise Is. to Nassau with baggage, so walking is out. I've read that the water taxis are a rip off in that they take you on a "tour" and demand extra gratuity, even if you only want to go from Paradise to downtown Nassau. Is it better in the long run just to take a cab between

the airport/Paradise Is/Nassau??

Thanks,

gin4short

Mentioned in this post
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island
Manitoba
Level Contributor
385 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Nassau airport to Atlantis

Cab it from the airport. They have set rates, so yes, your agent was right. It's about a 20-30 min car ride, so hoofing it is definitely out!

I'm not sure what a water taxi is, but we just took the ferry ($3 each way) across to Nassau to do some shopping. It worked for us. We had a "tour guide" (a local trying to make some extra cash) on the ferry once in the 8 trips we took. He told us a bunch of stuff about the surrounding areas, the homes, etc. and then passed a hat around. Throw in a buck, it was entertaining.

One night we took a taxi into town to watch the Junkanoo parade and we agreed on a price of $15 for the cab there.

Mentioned in this post
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,848 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Nassau airport to Atlantis

From the gist of your message, you may or may not be aware that there IS a bridge connecting Nassau and Paradise Island. Your airport taxi will take you all the way to Par. Island. You dont' have to transfer to this "water taxi" that you refer to. As Mrs. Mommy has pointed out, as an alternative to taxi, there is ALSO a ferry service during the day that will shuttle you from Par. Island to Nassau for $3.

Mentioned in this post
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island
midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Nassau airport to Atlantis

Definitely take the taxi. If you take a "tour" transfer, you'll have to stop at several locations along the way, making your trip longer. The taxi is a direct route and about $30 total.

The ferry can be taken from paradise island over to the straw market area. Wrong direction for the airport.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Nassau airport to Atlantis

Water taxi=Ferry.

From the airport, just take a cab. Make sure you agree on a price BEFORE getting in the cab...no matter where you go. Depending on your cabbie, you may need an extra $1 for the PI bridge. Some will just pay for it, others will ask you for it.

As for going downtown to shop, what we've done in the past is take the water taxi/ferry over. I think it's a neat little tour of the island for $3. My experience is that they then pass around a hat for tips-your choice whether you want to or not. A tip on the water taxi/ferry, they say there's a schedule, but there's really not. It comes and goes as it pleases. That's part of the reason we take a cab back over to PI, a little more money, but I can leave on my schedule. Again...settle a price before getting in the cab. Esp. since I'm assuming you're female and obviously your daughter is. You're safe as two females traveling, but they might try and take advantage.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Nassau airport to Atlantis

Oh, I forgot to mention...

The Water Taxi leaves from either side of the incoming bridge (you'll know what I mean when I get there.) Look for signs. I think it depends on the tide.

New York
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Nassau airport to Atlantis

the question was asking tranfers from airport to paradise island.

i use this transport Fergies Taxi and tour

Sandra Ferguson owner and operator (husband and wife are the drivers)

Bahamas taxi license #824

Home 242-361-6031

cell-242 -636-7585

taxi stand -242 363-3211 (ask for taxi 824)

you can try to e mail them but it seems that there e mail with there local cable company does not work .maybe you will have better luck .I told him and his wife that the e mail does not work . e mail address is fergiestaxi@coralwave.com.Or call them on their cell or home. they will meet you at the airport and they are very nice.I told them I will recommend them.tell them the person from his july pick up told you .he charged me $40.00 (for 4 people and 6 pieces of luggage) for pick up and waiting and toll from bridge .not bad .try the e mail but dont count on it .on the way back I think 33.00 .I gave them 10.00 tip .give them what ever you want .ask them to hold out a sign with your name on it.

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
7. Re: Transportation from Nassau airport to Atlantis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 14:20