We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfort Suites vs. Beach Tower or Harborside?

Boston...
Level Contributor
147 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Comfort Suites vs. Beach Tower or Harborside?

We are considering a vist to Atlantis in the near future w/our 2 teenagers, 18 &15. We would have liked to get a unit @ Harborside but not sure because of the cost. Have read mixed reviews of the Comfort Suites and the Beach Towers. We may end up gettng 2 rooms. Both our kids have allergy and asthma so needs to be clean. Can anyone give me advice on how to book a unit at Harborside and whether or not it is worth it to stay in either the Beach Tower or Comfort Suites and to let me know any major negatives on any of those choices. Thought the Comfort Suites would be okay if I talk to them directly about cleaning the bedding, etc. Thanks, Linguica

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfort Suites vs. Beach Tower or Harborside?

Your best bet is to type each place into subject line. It's very subjective and depends on what's important to you.Read all the comments then ask specific questions.This way you'll get a big head start.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfort Suites vs. Beach Tower or Harborside?

You may want to check into the brand new

Reef condos. They are beachfront and right now are going for unbelievably low rates. It is an Atlantis property, therefore you get use of all Atlantis facilities.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
385 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfort Suites vs. Beach Tower or Harborside?

I agree with margate, it's all subjective. I've stayed at Beach Towers and Harbourside and they were both clean, comfortable and modern. I'm asthmatic with severe allergies and I never had a problem in either.

I should mention, they originally put me in a smoking room at Beach Tower, but quickly switched us when I told them I'm asthmatic.

Concord NC
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Comfort Suites vs. Beach Tower or Harborside?

We stayed at the Coral towers a few weeks ago. I have severe allergies and our room was great!!!

atlantisadvisor123
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comfort Suites vs. Beach Tower or Harborside?

Harborside is not comperable to beach tower or comfort suites simply because harborside offers modern ammenities with kitchens and large suites etc whereas the beach tower is farther away from the action than harborside....comfort inn is farthest...i would stay at harborside but just my opinion...you can get a good rate through an owner...also the reef is brand new and very nice and its cheap for the ammeneties that you get

Boston...
Level Contributor
147 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comfort Suites vs. Beach Tower or Harborside?

Thanks everyone for your input. What are your opinions on booking - directly thru Atlantis or other travel websites? Harborside is tough because I don't know how to book directly thru owners for dates we need. Thanks!

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comfort Suites vs. Beach Tower or Harborside?

For harborside go to timesharesonly.com and they will have many listings from other owners. There are other time share rental websites as well -but that is the one where I have seen the best rates. The rates will be by the week - so it may not be economical unless you are staying at least 5 nights.

Of the other choices I would opt for the Comfort Suites over the Beach Tower even at the same price and it will probably be cheaper.

atlantisadvisor123
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Comfort Suites vs. Beach Tower or Harborside?

also you can try www.atlantisfamilyfun.com which specializes in time share rentals only from harborside.

toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Comfort Suites vs. Beach Tower or Harborside?

We just came back and wer at the beach tower... was fine to me... I have allergies to anything that smells and I had my sneeze attacks just like I get them in my own place and at work... Just found the carpet in the room a bit damp, but that would be expected with the weather there and having the a/c on the lowest level. (don't like it cold) It all depends what you expect. We had the worst view/above the conference room and we really didn't care. We were in the room to shower, go out for dinner and crash! My nightowl teenagers were totalled and sleeping by 9:30 / 10:00... so was I

As far as the distance of everything... No matter where you stay, you will be walkingggggg.... But it is so nice and lovely that it doesn't really matter... You will get there...

Enjoy for me... My boss said i need to work another 20 years before he sends me back!

Enjoy no matter what you the choice is....

10. Re: Comfort Suites vs. Beach Tower or Harborside?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 06:23