We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renovations @ Comfort Suites?

Boston...
Level Contributor
147 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Renovations @ Comfort Suites?

Hi - we have reservations to stay @ the Comfort Suites

in mid-April. Have read most of the reviews, which are mixed. Is there anyone who has been there very recently, like in the last few months who can tell us if ALL the hotel has been renovated or just the East wing? Also - did the hallways throughout the hotel have carpeting or tile and did it seem clean throughout

all the public areas as well as your own room. Someone

we know popped in there about a year ago to check it out and said it didn't look that nice but most of the newer reviews have said positive things. Regarding the breakfast - are you able to have cereal, fruit juice and not just donuts/muffins?

Thanks in advance for any info.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,646 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Renovations @ Comfort Suites?

I have been there 4 times in the last two years. There has been no renovations for a while, at least not since I've been going. The east wing is the newer wing. Not sure if it was renovated since construction. I am happy staying in the older west wing as it is closer via the back exits to Atlantis.

All the hallways are carpeted in the west wing. Forget the east wing halls. It is clean and so have my rooms. The room(s) I stay in have been renovated with tile floors. Don't eat the breakfast there anymore since it is only carbs with pastries, toast, fruit, etc. No juices or milk, but coffee, etc. You can buy

breakfast there with more choices including eggs, etc but I choose to go across the street to Quiznos for a very inexpensive $1.89 egg sandwich!!

Comfort Suites is perfectly acceptable to me and I am returning for more stays there this May and November.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,462 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renovations @ Comfort Suites?

I thought milk juice and coffee was free in the continental breakfast???

as well as danishes. muffins and cereal? plus fruit..??

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,462 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renovations @ Comfort Suites?

so with small kids is there a section of the hotel you would recommend ???

I have not emailed the hotel yet to make a request.. i just know we have a king size room no view.. and it was a good deal at $224 a night.. hope its not one of the run down rooms.

Boston...
Level Contributor
147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renovations @ Comfort Suites?

When I called to ask for preferences in room, the front desk told me all the rooms have been renovated. Not sure that is true from what reviewers have been saying. I would ask when you call and request East Wing if they are not all done. Let me know what they tell you, thanks, Linguica

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renovations @ Comfort Suites?

I highly recommend Comfort Suites.

Yes, it is a "budget" hotel, but it is very clean, and unless you plan on spending your entire vacation in your room, I see no problem recommending it.

The hallways are carpeted...may I ask why this is important?

I have stayed there multiple times in the last 6 months, and have had no problems. I believe all the rooms have been renovated.

I believe the negative reviews come from people with high expectations. In the states, if you are paying upwards of $200/night, you except a somewhat "upscale" hotel. The Bahamas are expensive. You stay at the Comfort Suites for acess to Atlantis. Not for a high end hotel experience. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast is "hotel continental breakfast" what do your really expect?

Boston...
Level Contributor
147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renovations @ Comfort Suites?

Hi - thanks for the info. Was wondering about the carpets because both my children have allergies and my son has bad asthma. I know the rooms are tiled so we should be okay. Just making sure it wasn't musty because of the weather, humidity, etc. Continental breakfast seems fine, someone else wrote in that they do not have juice, milk or cereal, just coffee, donuts, bagels. It's hard to know since there are a lot of mixed reviews. Did you find the bedding, including the bedspreads, etc. clean and did you overall feel comfortable? Thanks!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,462 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renovations @ Comfort Suites?

I was told. muffines and danishes. juice. milk cofee and tea. cereal and fruit.

as some took some fruit for the kids for morning snacks.

and someone said i can get milk there for my baby bottles.

so seems a continental breakfast gets 15 different stories.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renovations @ Comfort Suites?

Probably didn't phrase my "hallway carpeting" question well. No allergies in my family, never occured to me.....It was bugging me, that I couldn't figure out why you asked! Hope I didn't offend! On that note, the carpet is that industrial carpet, that is super short, even calling it carpet is a stretch.

I am kinda picky about bedding, but found the bed/sheets were more than adequate and really clean (that said, I do always pull the comforter off and throw it in corner).

"Technically" the balcony doors don't open, they jimmy-rig them with some odd metal peice in the slider (on the bottom). If I was you, and worried about any allergies...pull the funky device out and open the door, and open it, to air it out. You shouldn't have any problems though. The hotel in entirely non-smoking, and if you do have a problem, just inform the front desk and they will move you if possible.

I can't comment on the breakfast. I stay up a wee bit too late gambling at Atlantis. My boyfriend always eats it, but unfortunately that means nothing. The man eats anything and everything.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm actually going back on Wednesday! Yeah!

San Diego
Level Contributor
211 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renovations @ Comfort Suites?

I was at CS about 6 weeks ago and it seemed that both wings had been renovated. We were in the west wing and it was recently redone.

Personally, I thought the hotel was fine, especially for the price. It's your standard fare 3 star hotel.

Breakfast included English muffins, bagels, jam, cereal, oatmeal, juice, milk, fruit, waffles, tea, and coffee. There may have been more, but I can't recall anything else. The bagels, english muffins, and waffles were just heat and serve in the toaster and the oatmeal was instant using the hot water tap. Basic, but sufficient.

Boston...
Level Contributor
147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Renovations @ Comfort Suites?

Thanks everyone for all of your information. Everything sounds great and I am really looking forward to going. I think all my "fears" have been relieved after reading these last few posts. Anybody have a good walking route from comfort suites to hut where you get the bracelets and also which beach front and pool would you recommend for 2 adults/2teens? Would rather not be at the pools, beachfront with the majority of little kids. Thanks!

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island