We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on 1 bdrm deluxe villa @ Harborside for 4 people

Boston...
Level Contributor
147 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on 1 bdrm deluxe villa @ Harborside for 4 people

We are interested in booking the 1 bdrm deluxe villa @ Harborside and are wondering if any of you can tell me if we will be comfortable w/2 adults and 2 teen girls.

I know the deluxe is about 500 sq ft vs. the premium @ 950 sq. ft. Wondering just how big/small the unit feels. Also, has anyone booked through Harborsideresort.com or the Starwood specials page w/the 5 night stay but you have to go a 90 min presenttion. Curious to know if it was only the 90 mins and if there was pressure to buy. Thank you for any advice/information!

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on 1 bdrm deluxe villa @ Harborside for 4 people

The biggest issue you will have is that unless you are lucky enough to get a corner unit you won't have a balcony==if the girls are OK sleeping in the sleep sofa together that may or may not be a problem. They won't let you have a rollaway in that room==only a crib.

For me, as an owner, I have to have that balcony==I do own a separate one bedroom in addition to my two bedroom but it is a corner unit==since most owners pay extra to get those it is rare that a non owner can secure one.

Boston...
Level Contributor
147 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on 1 bdrm deluxe villa @ Harborside for 4 people

Wolfie - we would love to have a balcony but are more concerned w/the space issue at this point. The girls would have to share the pull out or we may bring our own aerobed. Is there room in the smaller unit to put it on the floor? Wondering if we would be happy with a unit that small. I have contacted Atlantisfamilyfun but it is much more expensive than the offer from Starwood for the 5 nights. Are there any owners out there that would like to rent their unit for the February 2009 vacation week - 2/14 - 2/21 or any combinbation of days during that week, 5 or more consecutive nights? Thanks.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
385 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on 1 bdrm deluxe villa @ Harborside for 4 people

We were in the Premium with 2 adults, 2 15yr olds and a 5yr old and had lots of room. If you click on my pictures, you can see some photos of the phase 2 room we were in.

I remember walking through the deluxe and yes, it's smaller, but I don't know...it'd be fine for me, but we don't spend much time in the rooms, other than to shower, sleep and eat breakfast. Your "things" might get in the way, just make a point of the girls cleaning up after themselves.

Oh, and the "90 minute" presentation was never that short for us LOL The first one was a good 3 hours (which included breakfast) and the second one when we came back to try the unit out, was another 2 hours, even afer we had said no, they still wouldn't let us go, it was downright silly.

Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on 1 bdrm deluxe villa @ Harborside for 4 people

linquica,

We have the 2 bedroom lock-off and have had 3 adults stay in the deluxe unit. The unit has a sleep sofa (full size and 2 chairs. The dining table seats 4. The biggest potential problem I can see is the limited counter space in the bathroom. If you aren't opposed to clearing some of your toiletries away to make room for the next person, go for it. We had 2 teenagers on the sleeper in the premium and the girls didn't mind one bit. With so much to do, you'll probably spend very little time in your villa anyway. Would not suggest taking an air mattress. Then it will feel tight in there.

Boston...
Level Contributor
147 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on 1 bdrm deluxe villa @ Harborside for 4 people

Okay, thanks. Does anyone have pictures of the 1 bdrm

deluxe I can get an idea of the space. Thanks in advance. I did see a drawing on Atlantisfamilyfun.com but not the actual picture.

Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on 1 bdrm deluxe villa @ Harborside for 4 people

I have pics but they are all of our friends and family. Wouldn't do you much good. I think the sketch is pretty good. You should be able to get an idea from it.

Columbia...
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on 1 bdrm deluxe villa @ Harborside for 4 people

What if the room is for 4 adults, 2 adults ages 29 and 33, and 2 adults over 65. Is a deluxe 1 bdrm still big enough for all 4 of us? Thx.

Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on 1 bdrm deluxe villa @ Harborside for 4 people

I can tell you it would be a little tight for me. The living room (read sleep sofa) and the kitchen are all one space, so if the folks in the bedroom are early risers and the 2 on the sleeper are not, getting the morning coffee could be noisy.

We've done 4 adults in the premium, all the same generation and 3 adults in the deluxe. You better like your roomies a lot.

Having said all this, you won't be spending much time in there.

9. Re: Advice on 1 bdrm deluxe villa @ Harborside for 4 people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 20:16