We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Paradise Island - What'd you pay?

Toronto
Level Contributor
929 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
RIU Paradise Island - What'd you pay?

My girlfriend and I paid $1303.00 Canadian Tax Included, for 7 nights 8 days (Aug 14-21) All-Iclusive at the RIU Paradise Island...departing from Toronto!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
443 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU Paradise Island - What'd you pay?

Wow!! One what web site did you find this great deal? The best we can find out of Charlotte is $711 PP for Sept 1-5, only 4 nights. 7 nights is way more expensive.

Orillia, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Nassau, Nassau
Level Contributor
2,636 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU Paradise Island - What'd you pay?

Yes, I see TripCentral has it at that price. Hope you guys have a good time - want to see a review from you on your return.

We are heading to Breezes September 21 - we go there several times a year - and will post a review on our return.

Toronto
Level Contributor
929 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU Paradise Island - What'd you pay?

We booked with itravel2000.com...

When booking with itralve2000, RedTag.ca and Selloffvacations.com had the same trip for the same price... so I called itravel2000 and asked them what incentive they would offer me if I booked through them instead of the others so they took off $20.00/person not a big deal but atleast it was something... The package was $1323.00 we got it for $1303 tax incld.

We booked about 10 weeks in advance... If we booked 1 week earlier it would have been another $50.00 less. Price climbed steadily from there.

Generally speaking, when booking 5* trips and to a place like Bahamas it's better to book far in advance than last minute as prices rarely go down but actually go up as seats on the plane decrease the prices increase.

For places like Cuba, Dominican Rep, etc prices usually drop for "last minute" purchases.

Cheers!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
443 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU Paradise Island - What'd you pay?

Thanks so much. I tried all the sites you mentioned in your thread and they all only leave from Canada, not going to help me much down here in Charlotte, NC. And I forgot to mention that the $711 Per Person was without the $99 tax added. I guess it's just a lot more to fly from Charlotte, but we're still going and still gonna have the best vacation ever. Thanks anyway.

5. Re: RIU Paradise Island - What'd you pay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 18:16