We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

harborside renovations

atlantisadvisor123
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
harborside renovations

This question is in response to the latest review on Harborside. This reviewer mentioned that building 7 was to be gutted next month. Does anyone have any more information on this? Are buildings 1 and 2 going to be done as well? Just wondering how valid this statement is and to what extent will they be renovating? I assume phase 1 owners would know more about this.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: harborside renovations

I just posted this information on Tug and will post any info I hear back==owners there would likely have some info as I know several posters there had reservations in the fall.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: harborside renovations

Here is what a Tugger posted--I hope the poster here was correct as we are going in January and if this is correct I guess I won't be having my view of marina from my unit!

"When we were at Harborside in mid July I asked at the owners meeting about the phase I renovations, and was told that they plan to start in January 2009. They told me that they will be getting new paint, carpet, granite counter tops, DVD players, and other furnishings. He was not sure if the phase I color would be like the tropical colors that they have now, but said that he hoped they would-as most folks preferred that over the Phase 2 colors."

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: harborside renovations

Yet another Tugger report from someone just back from Harborside.

"We just got back (more info separately). At our owner's update we were told phase 1 renovations (buildings 1, 2, and 7) start in early September. They were starting on the HVAC/electrical this week. Granite counters, flat screens, etc., to make it look more like phase 2. And since we talked pricing (more on that later too!), we were told the MFs included a percentage for upgrades so no assessments would be needed.

So I hope this is right as it will be done when we go in January!

Boston...
Level Contributor
147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: harborside renovations

Wolfie - we are going in on Feb. 16, 09 on a Monday for 5 nights doing the explorer package thru Starwood. Do you know which Phase and building we would be in? Thanks!

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: harborside renovations

Harborside is generally weekly rentals so you will likely get whatever is lleft after the Friday to Sunday ckeck in. That is a busy time in high season so you are lucky to get it then!

florida
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: harborside renovations

Linguica,

I saw your post about you going on the explorer package.alot of people who has been on that package was not told of the extra $115.00 per day add on charge for maid service and other extras.do your self a favor and find out.

Boston...
Level Contributor
147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: harborside renovations

Right, they changed the fee to a total of $19.25 p/p per day I believe for the energy surcharge and the daily maid service. It was $10/day prior. They said it was the Gov't and that all the surcharges went up so not much we can do.

florida
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: harborside renovations

some people do not expect the surcharge and that when they check out they get real mad

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: harborside renovations

And also be aware that even if you say you don't want maid service you will be charged so make sure you take advantage of it! Normally the timeshares are only cleaned mid week but in your case make sure if your unit isn't cleaned and towels changed to call and ask for the service.

Boston...
Level Contributor
147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: harborside renovations

Okay, thanks!

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island