We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa D'Angelo, Bahamian Club, Chop Stix?

New York
Level Contributor
303 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Casa D'Angelo, Bahamian Club, Chop Stix?

I purchased the Gourmet Meal Plan for 4 of us (2 adults, 15 & 16 yr old) for a 5 night stay in Dec. Other than the casual restaurants, can you tell me which of these three: Casa D'Angelo, Bahamian Club, Chop Stix are good choices? I'd like to make my dinner reservations ahead of time. Thanks!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa D'Angelo, Bahamian Club, Chop Stix?

I enjoyed Bahamian Club. We had a large group and had to select from a limited menu, but everything was delicious.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa D'Angelo, Bahamian Club, Chop Stix?

We love Bahamian Club--we go there every year.

Chop Stix is a complete disappointment--small portions, over priced and most food is so spicy you can't enjoy any of the flavors of the food--stay away from there!

Haven't been to Casa D"angelo since it was changed from the Italian place from before--it had been really good but the last few visits had gone down hill so haven't been to the "renamed" location.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa D'Angelo, Bahamian Club, Chop Stix?

Also be aware that early December can be a slow time--especially the few weeks before the holidays so make sure even if you make reservations in advance that you double check when you arrive--we had reservations at Fathoms and showed up to find it closed!

Also just FYI--unless you are really big eaters most folks find the plans aren't worth it--you might read some other posts on the subject here by typing in gourmet meal plan in the search box.

We have been going since 2001 and never gotten it.

Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa D'Angelo, Bahamian Club, Chop Stix?

I agree with Wolfie, stay away from Chop Stix. Once was enough for us. You can't go wrong at Bahamian Club. Casa D'Angelo was good, but I wouldn't book for more than one visit.

New York
Level Contributor
303 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa D'Angelo, Bahamian Club, Chop Stix?

Thanks so much for the advice. I guess the Atlantis kind of got me then - since there are only 3 restaurants in which I can make a reservation on the "Gourmet" Dining Plan, one of which (Chop Stix) doesn't sound too good!! I will be there for 5 nights, so even if I go to the Bahamian Club for 2 nights - I will probably end up eating at the Casual Restaurants!! Any suggestions on those? Also, since they don't take reservations, would you know if there is usually a long wait for a table once you get there? Thanks for your time in answering! :)

NJ Shore
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa D'Angelo, Bahamian Club, Chop Stix?

Chop Stix is getting a new chef in January. It might get better.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa D'Angelo, Bahamian Club, Chop Stix?

Depending on when you are going will determine the waits. If those are your only choices I would try to cancel and eat on your own. Mesa Grill is a good choice but being from NY you may have been already.

New York
Level Contributor
303 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa D'Angelo, Bahamian Club, Chop Stix?

Thanks again for your help. So, I am basically contemplating NOT doing the Gourmet Meal Plan! Yikes! Hopefully, I can remove it since it is already included in my paid reservation. I think I am probably better off with the Bahamian Club one night and then splurging at Mesa and Steakhouse, and offsetting that with Carmines or Bimini. Any suggestions on the restaurants/prices/if its good/worth it? Thanks!!

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,486 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa D'Angelo, Bahamian Club, Chop Stix?

If you're not doing the gourmet plan, leave the property and try some excellent places in Nassau.

Graycliff's, Sun And.. , Shogun Revolver and a ton of other excellent non-hotel venues. From upscale to seafood to local casual, Nassau restaurants has it all. As a New Yorker, you won't be disappointed.

An easy trip over the bridge.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa D'Angelo, Bahamian Club, Chop Stix?

Graycliff is a good choice--and if you go there ask for a tour of the wine cellar!