We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone else find the people at Atlantis rude

Seekonk, MA
Level Contributor
338 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone else find the people at Atlantis rude

My wife and I were not guests at the Atlantis, but we will never stay there. Having paid $20 a person to see the aquarium, we did roam around the property. Other than the stores and the casio you are not allowed on the property. You are greeted by rude persons when you get to allowed boundry of where the non-guests are allowed. Having gotten lost, we accidently made it to an area where we were not allowed. The person was screaming at us stating we did not belong there. How do they expect to have people want to stay there, if they treat people like that

Miami,FL
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone else find the people at Atlantis rude

Not only at Atlantis...but all over the island. I think for being such a touristy place....the people are beyond rude. They sure need a crash course in service.

Cochranville...
Level Contributor
156 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone else find the people at Atlantis rude

The only person we came across that was even slightly rude was our cab driver, but even he was not bad at all. But everyone else was just fine. The staff we dealt with at Atlantis were all quite friendly and curteous. We never felt that anyone was rude. We were greeted with smiles and if you smiled first, the staff always smiled back and said hello! I'm sorry you were treated otherwise. I guess if I was treated that way I wouldn't want to stay there either! But our experience was definitely not what you're describing. The staff were very friendly to our children as well.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone else find the people at Atlantis rude

My husband and I have stayed at the Atlantis 6 times; other Bahamas resorts (Crystal Palace, Breezes) about 6 times ... it's not an "Atlantis" thing, but we have found the staff of these resorts not what I would call rude, but indifferent, if you have a problem with the room, etc.

We don't let it ruin our trip.

If you look at TripAdvisor.com at any of the other "mega" resorts like in Cancus, Jamaica, Aruba ... whatever ... a lot of the posts are, oh, the staff was SO RUDE.

So it just seems to be a problem at these huge resorts where the staff is overwhelmed.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,485 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone else find the people at Atlantis rude

"So it just seems to be a problem at these huge resorts where the staff is overwhelmed"

Atlantislover, I think you hit the nail on the head. Just imagine working a reservation desk, where you are helpless to "help" people. Management has no solutions, back office is incompetent, in some cases, things like a/c, haven't worked in months etc.. I'm sure these people hear the same complaints day and nite... even in their own nightmares.

When there is no recourse, and you've made the same excuse or statement a million times in the last 6 hours... I'm sure they are just jaded and fed up. I know it's no excuse, they are getting paid to smile and be polite, but we all have our bad moments.

Never let this kind of behaviour ruin even a moment of your day.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
424 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone else find the people at Atlantis rude

we spent eleven days at the ocean club, visiting the atlantis on a nightly basis and we were never once treated rudely or in a bad way. the ocean club is an amazing place, EVERYONE who works there is pleasant and cordial. we had a great time with many of the staff there, we definately plan on going back. our kids were treated especially nice and had loads of fun with our butlers. we ate at the atlantis many nights and again never experienced anything negative that i read on the posts. what it may be is that my husband is a) a very big tipper who appreciates people who work their buts off and b) talks to everyone with a smile because hell, he is on vacation. ive read what i feel is too many negatives on this topic and it truly is a shame. it could be what was said above that the sheer size of the place is just overbearing. at the ocean club we were greeted by name after a day or two and i must tell you it was a very very refreshing experience to be in such a wonderful, relaxing and beautiful place where everyone who is employed there actually feels the same way.

what we found especially funny was one day my daughter who is 17 and i caught a cab back to the resort and our cab driver proceeded to tell us quite dirty but funny jokes about michael jackson.....which my daughter remembered and shared with our butlers that evening. . .didnt expect that but it was hilarious.

uk
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anyone else find the people at Atlantis rude

atlantis was awesome and we were never once treated badly, we were always shown respect and the staff were alsways willing to help!!!!!!!!

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
641 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does anyone else find the people at Atlantis rude

We didn't come across one rude person/staff member at Atlantis during our entire week vacation. We did smile plenty and treated everyone as we wished to be treated. Maybe that was why everyone was just wonderful.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
608 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Does anyone else find the people at Atlantis rude

While we were at Paradise Island in August we never ever experienced any staff of Atlantis or anywhere for that matter that was rude. The only person the entire trip that was rude was some pushy woman that passed by everyone else in line to get a wrap at an Atlantis Smoothy/Wrap shack.

New York
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does anyone else find the people at Atlantis rude

yes ,I have found only once a rude bell captain at the Harborside resort.Of the many times I have been there ,this past year I experienced an issue where they brought my luggage to a room that was not ready,and by 435pm they gave me a second room that was not ready either.so the bell captain that brought the luggage to the first room had to go back and bring the luggage to the second room.Now that that room was not ready he did not want to bring it back to the front desk .he did not want me to use the luggage cart and pulled it away from me.I had to walk the bags back to the front lobby.NOW THAT IS RUDE.management said he is temporary and not part of the staff.The question is How much temporary employees are there at Harborside?

Texas
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Does anyone else find the people at Atlantis rude

We stayed at Harborside for a week in July and had the most WONDERFUL people from the front desk to the bellmen.

Couldn't have asked for better..

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island