We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does it work when you sign up for internet service?

NJ
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
How does it work when you sign up for internet service?

Forgive me for sounding dumb, but I have never brought my laptop away from home. When you request service,(we are staying at Harborside) do they give you a special password to access the internet? Do you need to give them any info about your computer? Can more than one laptop access the account? I believe the charge is $15 a day- is this correct? How is the service at Harborside? Thanks in advance- MaryL31

Tampa, Fl
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does it work when you sign up for internet service?

I will give you my experience from signing up from both Comfort Suites and The Reef.....you click to open your browser just like you would at home.....you will then see that you are directed to a site that asks you what option plan you would like....you can sign up for a certain period of time...ie, 24hrs, 48hrs,72hrs...ect.....you then enter your CC info and create a password for the account(not necessarily in that order)....then each time you connect and open your browser you will be directed to the site and all you do is enter your password. At Atlantis I do believe that the fee was $15/daily...as far as using more than one computer I can't answer as I only used my 1 laptop.

New York
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does it work when you sign up for internet service?

Mary

my son brought his lap top and plugged it in to a connection wire behind the couch at harborside .he turned it on and searched connections and they wanted $14.00 for a day.he used my wifes credit card .I think it was $14.00 a day .it will tell you and then they offer the three day special.

Tampa, Fl
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does it work when you sign up for internet service?

Both my internet experiences were with wireless....which BTW worked excellent.

Red Bank, New Jersey
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How does it work when you sign up for internet service?

At the Reef look for a wireless conection called "MICROS" You can connect and the signal is strong. The best part is that it is free. I am using as I type.

Tampa, Fl
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How does it work when you sign up for internet service?

How is it free??? It wasn't free a month ago.

DC
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How does it work when you sign up for internet service?

There are two 'Micros' networks, secured and unsecured. The unsecured one is free and quite fast.

Tampa, Fl
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How does it work when you sign up for internet service?

HHHmmmm...not quite sure I would trust an unsecured network in the Bahamas.

New York
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How does it work when you sign up for internet service?

harborside advises if you want wireless ,the signal is stronger by the pools .they recomend in the room using their wired with the 3 day special

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How does it work when you sign up for internet service?

We only found wireless worked at the pool--which makes it hard to see except at night--more than one phone/laptop can be used at once as one night three of us were down by the pool all using our i phones on night!

Central Illinois...
Level Contributor
409 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How does it work when you sign up for internet service?

We had trouble connecting at the Reef our first night, but got on fine the next day. We had 3 computers and an iPod Touch that all connected on the account using a password we got when we signed up through our internet browser. Can't speak for Harborside but would expect it to be similar. I think we paid the $14 per day.

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island