We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back

Seaside
Level Contributor
139 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Just back

Thanks 2 all for the tips and info. Here's my story.

We normally prefer more secluded spots w/ a lot less people, but my wife wanted to take her 2 nefs (11 & 14) 2 see some clear water, and w/ the rides, Atlantis seemed to be the ticket. We stayed at CS since we were footin the bill for the rooms and flights. CS worked out fine, esp. at $165 per nite (booked direct in July). VERY friendly staff. One room was ready upon arrival at 1PM so in we went. The rooms were very clean and had a good deal of space. Bed was comfy w/ lots of pillows. Our room even had an ocean view! (Over street side and A/C's). Be paitent, the mini fridges take some time to cool down your brew. At the free cont. breakfast, be prepared for war. It was like the city was burning and the looters were tryin to get donuts. For the most part, the kids showed more manners than the adults - Using hands instead of tongs to get food, reaching in front of you to grab jelly, and stuffing handfuls of bagels in gallon ziplocks.

The walk to Atlantis is fairly easy and taking a cooler saved us big $$. (I'm young and 'strong like bull', so I hefted a shoulder cooler, but the wheeled coolers folks reco. here is a better way to go). Beers at Atl. are $7.25 per can and drinks w/ umbrellas are $10.50. The $44 per case at the liquor store doesn't seem so bad. Had no problem w/ bringing my own cooler or drinks. The value menu is king! Grilled chicken sandwich done the way you like at the free fixin bar. Also, no one cared that we helped ourselves to soda refills at the do-it-yourself machine. Rode the rides w/ the boys, kicked it on the beach w/ my girl, ate elsewhere for dinner.

Anthony is good for lunch or dinner and we did both. Loved the conch chowder (RED) w/ Bahamian bread, good zza, chicken sand., and the grouper was yummy. Once they under cooked it, I spoke up kindly and they took it off the bill and slipped us a $5 coupon. (Expected in the states but surprising in BA). Green Parrot did the food well, but expect bar-type food. Fish Fry was interesting. Did Seafood Haven and the food was good but took over an hour to come out. Others that our local guide reco'd were Big 10 & Twin Bros. Didn't try them though. My advice, if Seafood Haven is crowded go elsewhere. $5 per person each way to FF from PI. We used Fergie's taxi for our runs round town and to & fro the airport. Our driver was Paula and we loved her. Very sweet, on time always, full of info, happy to stop at stores, took care of us as we were her own. Even asked us to her house for dinner. $45 each way to & fro airport. Dont miss the chicken patties at the news stand in the airport. Didnt need the 2 1/2 hours to get to the airport, thru customs, ect. and in our seats, but why chance it.

Thanks again to all for the info.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
725 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back

Thanks for the review; quick and to the point. If all goes well, we will be headed to the Atlantis next June, can't wait! We will definitely have to try the value meals, as many here recommend.

Burlingame...
Level Contributor
496 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back

Nice to hear you had a great time as i will be there in about 3 weeks!

Toronto
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back

Is there a shuttle from Atlantis to Fish Fry? Or $5 per person is for Fergie Taxi?

Thanks!

Seaside
Level Contributor
139 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back

No shuttle that I know of. FF is about 3 miles out, and taxis charge $5 per person each way. The $1 toll at the bridge to & fro was included in our runs.

5. Re: Just back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 06:19