We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling on PI ?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Snorkeling on PI ?

Hi all, staying at the SunSpree on PI in mid-Feb, where are the good places to do some beach entry snorkeling? I'm trying to save $$$ by avoiding the tours as much as possible, but if you know of a good snorkeling tour, I'd love to hear about that too, thanks !!!

Portland,ME
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling on PI ?

Spent Christmas week at the Sunspree. Did a half day snorkle trip with Bahamas Dive. They have a shop at the Sunspree, half day was 30.00 per person. They pick you up at the hotel and bring you back, not a bad deal. Cheaper than places on other islands we've used. We also snorkled in the lagoon in front of the hotel , saw a good variety right there.

Washington, D.C.
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling on PI ?

Sunspree in on the Nassau Harbor side of the island. There's not much there and there is a lot of boat traffic.

On the oceanside, Cabbage Beach (aka Paradise Beach), there is nothing but sand.

The closest reefs for snorkeling are at Rose Island, about a 20 minute boat ride from the Harbor, located a couple miles north of PI.

Your best bet is to take the plunge and get on with a good outfit that can show you some of the outstanding coral reefs of the Bahamas (Thunderball Reef being one).

Cheers

Calypso Rick

3. Re: Snorkeling on PI ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 22:16