We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in January for a trip to Atlantis

charleston
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in January for a trip to Atlantis

What is the weather like end of january? I have heard conflicting info. Some say the water is too cold to swim in and others say that it is perfect. I would be leaving a climate where the days that time of year are 30s and 40s. There are 3 couples traveling with 6 kids under age 6 and we just want to make sure they can enjoy all the pools. Also, anyone have any opinions or experiences with the meal plans?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in January for a trip to Atlantis

My first visit to Atlantis was Feb. 7-10, 2005.

The air was cool, 70's to around 80. The ocean was around 70. With the breeze blowing, it was a bit chilly to swim in. The pools were heated.

I prefer the ocean to be at least 80. That's why I now visit in May and November. If 70 is ok for you, then go in February.

From what I have read here, not many people recommend the meal plans as many restaurants are closed on a rotating basis and it ties you down to the resort. There are several restaurants off property nearby where you can get a good meal. Food is expensive in the Bahamas no matter where you eat.

Boston
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in January for a trip to Atlantis

We were in Paradise Island two years ago in January. Unfortunately, there was an unusual storm, they compared it to a 'Noreaster that we have here in New England but it was still warm and if not for tremendous winds, I would have been swimming. Being from the Boston area, water temperature of 70 is bath water. I guess its what your used to. We're giving Paradise Island another try this January. (and by the way January is considered one of the least rainy months)

Florida
Level Contributor
726 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in January for a trip to Atlantis

They say the pools are heated but wondering what the temp is? We are from Florida and really can't handle cold water. For the high price to go for the day for cruise ship passengers I want to make sure the kids will be able to use the pools/waterpark and not freeze.

4. Re: Weather in January for a trip to Atlantis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2010, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island