We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis Harborside Phase one 1 renovations /remodel

colorado
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis Harborside Phase one 1 renovations /remodel

I just booked a one bedroom premium unit in building 2 of phase one Atlantis from a owner of a week in July 2010. The confirmation says that the phase one units are undergoing renovation 2/2010 - 6/2010. Does anyone know what this renovation involves. Will the units now look like the phase two units? Does anyone have a map of phase one? What is the view / location of building 2?

New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis Harborside Phase one 1 renovations /remodel

Did you get any comments on this, I am going as well to the same building and would like to get more info.

New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis Harborside Phase one 1 renovations /remodel

Did you get any comments on this, I am going as well to the same building and would like to get more info.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis Harborside Phase one 1 renovations /remodel

As stated in a previous post, I am at Harborside right now, and the front desk tells me Building 2 has been renovated like Building 1 has been. Stay tuned...we took pics on Sunday when we arrived...my daughter has offered to post them here (Mom is totally not tech-savvy enough to do that); however, she is sleeping at the moment.

New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis Harborside Phase one 1 renovations /remodel

Hi thank you so much for the information. We have a reservation for week of august 13th in unit number 3728. We where told that this is a premium one bedroom villa. But now when we received our confirmation from atlantis, it does not mention it being a premium. Would it be at all possible for you to find out from the front desk if this is a premium villa (we need the bigger space).

Thank you so much in advance.

LSH
Alburgh, Vermont
Level Contributor
621 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis Harborside Phase one 1 renovations /remodel

We just returned from Harborside last week. If you rented from an owner, you may not necessarily get his/her specific unit, but you should get the same size unit and your reservation/confirmation should state that. We rented from an owner and when he turned the week over to us, the reservation confirmation we received from Harborside stated the 'Villa Type' on page 2. We rented a 2-bedroom lock-off from an owner and his unit was on the 1st floor in Building 2. When we checked in, we were given a 2-bedroomn lock-off on the 3rd floor in the same building. The owner's unit was already occupied. This actually worked out for the best because half-way through the week, there was a water main break that flooded the owner's unit and shut down water supply to the whole building for part of a day. They had to remove all the carpeting and furnishings and basically worked on drying it out for the rest of the week. It did say in our confirmation that we ccould be placed in either phase during the renovation project. I liked the location of the room we ended up with better anyway and when I think about moving half-way through the week because of flooding and the possible damages that may have occurred to our belongings, I guess it worked out for the best. I did call Harborside prior to our arrival to confirm our reservaton and was told that they release room assignments 2 weeks out so you should be able to call any time now to find out your exact location and then you can verify the size/type of room you are getting. Just refer to your contract and make sure they follow through and give you what you agreed to with the owner. Have a great trip.

New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis Harborside Phase one 1 renovations /remodel

Thanks for the follow-up, very informative. I will ring them now.

New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis Harborside Phase one 1 renovations /remodel

Just spoke to them, was told unit (and possibly building) do not get assigned almost until the arrival. They should really get their story straight :)

NJ
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis Harborside Phase one 1 renovations /remodel

rrazor...LSH is correct...we've owned since 2003, and have been put in our "deeded unit" only once. 3728 is, in fact, a deluxe unit. So you will get a deluxe unit somewhere in the building they own, which you stated is Building 2. As for view...hard to say. Not exactly sure your unit will have a terrace. The corner deluxe units do have a terrace, as far as I know, but the ones that are not corners, I'm not sure about. Part of the building looks out on the building next door; the other side (L shaped building, I believe) MAY give a view of the Nassau Port area where cruise ships dock IF you are on a higher floor. I'm sure someone who owns in Building 2 can answer that question.

SHELTON CT
Level Contributor
121 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantis Harborside Phase one 1 renovations /remodel

Just wanted to weigh in on this topic. I am an owner in building 7. I may be mistaken but it is my belief that the second digit in the room number identifies the building. The first digit in the room number identifies the floor you are on. Leaving the last 2 digits to designate the specific room. Maybe someone else can comment.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atlantis Harborside Phase one 1 renovations /remodel

UCONN...it is easy to make that mistake. I, too, was under the same impression (for a couple of years) until I bothered to really look at the building # I was in. But I am sitting here in Building 1, and the second digit of my room number is 7. I have a view across the marina to the Royal Tower entrance (with the exception of a couple of palm trees outside my terrace that are in the way).

Edited: 31 July 2010, 12:05