We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things you wish you packed for the Atlantis?

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
405 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Things you wish you packed for the Atlantis?

I am a diligent packer. I make lists, piles, notes, etc months ahead of time, but inevitably I always get to my destination and see something that someone else had thought to pack that I just thought was brilliant and couldn't believe I didn't think to pack it myself.

So what are some atypical things that you have seen at mega resorts like the Atlantis that might come in handy? I'm thinking along the lines of soft collapsible coolers for cold poolside drinks, neon ribbon to tie on your chairs so you can easily find them in a sea of towels that all look the same, etc.

Westchester County
Level Contributor
651 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things you wish you packed for the Atlantis?

I wished I packed more suntan lotion. I under estimated our usage. We went last June. Sun was strong. I thought I had enough but ended up buying another bottle for $27.00 at the Atlantis for the same bottle I paid $6.99 at home before I went.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
405 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things you wish you packed for the Atlantis?

Basketball Mom:

How many oz did you wind up using? How many were in your family, and how long were you there?

We are packing only in carry ons. I am going to try to find more sunscreen in the airport here once we get through security, but if I can't, we were going to buy more at the grocery store in the Bahamas. Someone on here told me it's even very expensive there also.

Right now I have about 17 oz packed (in 3.4 oz or smaller containers). We are a family of 4 adults going for a week.

USA
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things you wish you packed for the Atlantis?

I would say for 4 adults, you would need much more than 17oz. We will be going in July, 2 adults 2 children. I will probably pack at least 6 - 6-8oz. cans (the spray type). I like to be sure I don't have to spend any more then necessary and to make sure I absolutely have enough sunscreen. We also purchased those sun shirts, long sleeve (find them at Walmart / Sports Authority or any store that sells bathing suits) that you can wear over you bathing suit or for the men, just the upper body, which will lessen the amount of sunscreen you actually have to put on the body. Just a thought. :)

Pasadena, Maryland
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Things you wish you packed for the Atlantis?

I'm with BasketballMom....pack double what you think you may need. We were there in June also and I had to spend that same $27 and change for more!!! You do not want to run out!!! Also....tylenol/motrin...pack that. I wound up spending $11.00 for a bottle of children's tylenol!!!

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
114 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things you wish you packed for the Atlantis?

Pack a little aloe (the pure, concentrated kind they sell at Whole Foods or somewhere like that is best) just in case. Also koozies, and as you mentioned, a collapsible cooler. I also have a collapsible laundry hamper that I pack to keep in the closet and throw dirty clothes into.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
159 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things you wish you packed for the Atlantis?

I usually prefer all-inclusives, but if I were going to Atlantis I would buy a large bubba-keg. I would use that to mix a large cocktail in my room with fixings I bought at a local liquor store and it would stay cold by the pool for hours. No need to pay resort prices for drinks.

Jim

Alberta
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things you wish you packed for the Atlantis?

We went through one spray bottle per day (2 adults, 2 kids).

Take binoculars ....used them to watch ships coming and going

CT
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things you wish you packed for the Atlantis?

Water shoes. Will protect your feet bottoms walking on the concrete and the tops from sunburn.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
747 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things you wish you packed for the Atlantis?

definitely a cooler. i purchased one a few months ago, for our drinks, snacks, etc.,

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
747 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Things you wish you packed for the Atlantis?

tying a ribbon on your chair is a great idea, or even a small balloon

when are you leaving for your trip? we are going 2nd week in July. If you are going sooner, I hope you plan to write a review!

Edited: 27 April 2010, 02:20
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island