We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis: Cafe at Great Hall of Waters

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
405 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis: Cafe at Great Hall of Waters

I read in a recent Frommer's guide to the Bahamas that the Cafe at the Great Hall of Waters is an excellent place to eat at Atlantis, but I can't find any information on it on the Atlantis website.

Does anyone know if this restaurant has closed? Is there something else in its place?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis: Cafe at Great Hall of Waters

From what I have read here and my recent visits,

it appears that this restaurant is no longer open

to the public. I have observed the area being used

for catering to business conferences, etc..

Westchester County
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis: Cafe at Great Hall of Waters

I ate there in April 2008. When I went back in June 2009, it was closed and under construction. I hope they use it for something because it was beautiful.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis: Cafe at Great Hall of Waters

It's still closed as of November 2009 and only

used for catering to conferences, etc..

Connecticut
Level Contributor
966 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis: Cafe at Great Hall of Waters

It was hard to eat there and I understand why they may have closed.

Children and people were always walking, and running through and it was not a very good experience when we ate breakfast one day ... and the food was not great.

Alberta
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis: Cafe at Great Hall of Waters

It was open during Easter week, but as a buffet, $51/person. We did not eat there. It may have been open as it was a busy week.

Vancouver,B.C.
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis: Cafe at Great Hall of Waters

I am sure Atlantis has been in survivor mode like most luxery hotels the past two years. As things improve in the travel industry,I bet things will get back to normal operation.

Jackson, California
Level Contributor
168 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis: Cafe at Great Hall of Waters

When we were there in March 2010 the restaurant was not there. We ate there in June 2008 and it was bad....bad food, bad service, bad prices and bad experience.

8. Re: Atlantis: Cafe at Great Hall of Waters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2010, 04:16