We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walkie Talkies at the Atlantis

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
405 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Walkie Talkies at the Atlantis

I was just wondering if anyone had tried using Walkie Talkies to communicate at the Atlantis. Is it possible? Is the resort too big?

NJ
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walkie Talkies at the Atlantis

Yeah, ours work pretty well, but I don't know offhand how many Hz they are. I have been able to talk to DH while he is at the Roman Baths pool, and I am still at Harborside.

greenwich, ct
Level Contributor
238 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walkie Talkies at the Atlantis

We brought our new Walkie Talkies on this last trip. They say 22 mile range on the package, don't remember the brand. Here is where I found use for them.

1. If I got up early for a walk, I left one in the room for when the kids woke up. They knew to call me, then I would return. I did not have to call the room and wake them, until I knew they were up.

2. If I just went for a walk during the day, kids were on the slides, I would have one and leave the other one with our stuff on the chair. When the others got back to base and wanted food, they called and I would come back.

They are water resistant only and really not much use if we were all on different slides or at different pools. If you set up a base somewhere between the temple and the tower power, you will run into each other between slides.

One thing we tried to do is stick to one or the other at a time :

pick slides on the temple for a while. A little later, we moved to the power tower slides/lazy river area. We really managed to find each other and our friends most of the time.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
405 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walkie Talkies at the Atlantis

Thanks! I am thinking we probably won't need them as most of the time someone is going to be in the water and not have a walkie talkie with them anyway.

We are all adults on the trip, so we don't need to constantly know where everyone is. My plan for keeping in touch was to just put a small notebook in our beach bag at our "home base," and when someone heads off and there is no one around to tell, they can just write it in our "log." So if mom and I get back to the base and my dad is gone, we can look at the log and see that he went to the beach or whatever and we can go meet up with him there.

I think the low tech version may work just as well for us.

4. Re: Walkie Talkies at the Atlantis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2010, 04:17