We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from the Coral Towers.

Boston...
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from the Coral Towers.

Just got back last night from the Coral Towers. I used a lot of advice from this forum to prepare for the trip and wanted to return the favor to anyone with questions.

Don't listen to the negative comments about rude people, bad food, etc. Everything was perfect. Yes, the bathroom is a bit dated, but everything else was beautiful.

Edited: 08 May 2010, 22:18
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from the Coral Towers.

curious027:

I got back yesterday. Wasn't the weather perfect!!!

And the ocean was like a lake every day and the

water was so clear!!!!

Pasadena, Maryland
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from the Coral Towers.

We leave in 21 days for our 3rd trip to the Atlantis. We too have had nothing but good service and accommodating staff when there. Never any complaints about our room....we stay in the Coral Towers so can't compare to the other towers. Glad you had a great time!! I.......can't.....wait!!!

Edmonds, Washington
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from the Coral Towers.

What were the most helpful things you learned from the postings? We leave in a month and have never been to the Atlantis.

Boston...
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from the Coral Towers.

The tips I used most were :

Definitely get at porter at the airport, that was the best tip. We gave him $2 per bag, and never even stopped at immigration

A small lunch bag cooler. It would have been too much to lug a larger one, with all the walking we did.

A bottle to drink from, with a large enough opening to put ice in the top. This is what I made my cocktails to go in, or you can buy water down the street $8 for a 6 pack. I did not care for the tap water, but we don't have chlorinated water where I live. A drink by the pool or beach is at least $10. We drank dirty bananas by the pool a few times. Expensive, but yummy.

We rented a refrigerator, which was worth the $15 a day. I brought some mixers in my suitcase. Alcohol is inexpensive down the street at Bristols. It was nice to be able to have a drink on the balcony in between beach and dinner.

There is plenty of coffee in the room, or ask for extra. I don't like powdered creamer. Buy a small cream or 1/2 and 1/2 at the store if you get a fridge. Coffee downstairs is $3.16. I brought breakfast bars and individual prepacked fruit servings ( like mandarin oranges, peaches, or fruit cocktail ). That was my breakfast.

Dinner at Luciano's across the harbor was excellent, and Carmine's was very good and fun. For 6 of us we got a chopped salad and 2 entrees and had 1/2 of 1 left over. Don't over order and it is reasonable. The pizza at Marina pizza is very good too.

Have fun, and I hope you get good weather.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from the Coral Towers.

What is the best way to make a reservation to Mesa Grill at the Atlantis? I've tried calling the Atlantis concierge directly, but to no avail. Do you know if reservations are needed for a Sunday night? Does CS have a concierge that can make reservations on our behalf?

Heading down in 10 days and looking forward to it!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from the Coral Towers.

One tip that they don't advertise: coffee purchased by the cup can be refilled free that day. Just hang onto your receipt, because they sometimes ask for it.

western ny
Level Contributor
33 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from the Coral Towers.

We're leaving in 6 weeks and will stay at the Coral Towers. Been to Atlantis before but only for a day excursion. We booked terrace view because of budget. Should I ask for higher floor? any special rooms? We have 2 young kids 7 and 5. I was just wondering if I should ask for certain floors or wing?

Boston...
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from the Coral Towers.

Sorry, I can;'t help you with that. It was my 1st visit, so I have nothing to compare it with. We were 10th floor ocean view and the view was amazing.

western ny
Level Contributor
33 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from the Coral Towers.

Re: reservation at Mesa Grill I called their main number 1-800-Atlantis and made my reservation for Mesa Grill that way for a Friday night in June. Make sure you get a confirmation # or email confirmation. Hope that helps.

Trenton, NJ
Level Contributor
163 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from the Coral Towers.

Just back from Coral Towers. Great choice, center for everything. We were on the 6th floor marina view. This was great since there is alot of activity out that way. We spent a long time just sitting on our balcony watching. I think the highest floor for Coral is 9 but I am not certain. I don't think you can get a really bad view. Ask nicely when you check in.