We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WARNING:No day passes being sold, info NOT on web site

orlando, fl
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
WARNING:No day passes being sold, info NOT on web site

We just had a bad experience with Atlantis. We planned to go to Atlantis to get day passes for Aquaventure. When we arrive we were told they were not selling any day passes from mid July til mid August. THERE WAS NO MENTION OF THIS ON THEIR WEB SITE, AND NO MENTION SOMEHOW WHEN I CALLED THE RESORT TO ASK ABOUT DAY PASSES. My 2 kids were looking forward to Atlantis more than anything on the cruise. I talked to a few managers, including the Director of sales and marketing of the water park, but they were VERY unsympathetic to my plight. It was really distressing. So if you are planning to get day passes there for Aquaventure, you will not be able to until some point, and they will not post this information on their website. And if you call for information, push them on this topic to be sure you get correct info.

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WARNING:No day passes being sold, info NOT on web site

This was unfortunately mentioned here on the forum not long ago.

I do know how disappointed your kids must have been. Nothing worse. :(

However, from an "Atlantis Guest" point of view, it is very frustrating when you have paid to be there all week (more than day pass price) and everywhere is so crowded due to cruise ship guests.

It was reported the reason was due to capacity.

Did you book through the cruise ship excursions, or walk up on your own ? It doesn't help you much now, but you could have booked a night at the Comfort Suites. (Lot's of cruise ship people do it. Check in & out at the same time) Up to 4 people per room. It's the only other hotel that gives you full admission to Atlantis. Also for the price of the room instead of the price of a day pass each.

Sorry this happened.

orlando, fl
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WARNING:No day passes being sold, info NOT on web site

I appreciate your Atlantis Guest point of view, however, we were told when we called Atlantis (just 2 weeks ago!) that they always sell a limited amount of day passes, so that would include if the resort was full. This resort associate was misinformed then(?). I was told by this person to check to see what other cruise ships were in town that day to know if there would be competition for the day passes, which I did. So I felt I was fully informed and had done all I could to ensure success. The fact is, if you are going to have a program where you sell day passes, you need to inform the public via web site, etc., if they will not be available for 1/2 the summer. Nowhere did I see this, including other cruise and travel web sites, so maybe they just decided to implement it with no forewarning - unfair! And 3 guest service employees including 2 managers they were utterly unapologetic and unsympathetic, and rude really. So that is what happened.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: WARNING:No day passes being sold, info NOT on web site

Atlantis' website makes no mention of any type of day pass whatsoever. So I have a hard time understanding why you think they should put a note up saying they aren't selling day passes....the website doesn't say they're available in the first place.

Look...I understand your frustration. But your frustration reflects the fact that you didn't do research on this message board before your visit. If you had, you would have been told by many people that 1) one staff member's response over the phone is no guarantee of that thing being true when you actually get there, and 2) the only way to guarantee access is to rent a room or book an excursion through your cruise ship.

Edited: 26 July 2010, 19:14
here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,514 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WARNING:No day passes being sold, info NOT on web site

Atlantis is not known for it's communication skills and Customer Service. More than likely, those anwsering the phones or dealing with the public have not been given this updated information..

I've been hearing this for weeks now, and have posted it here, as well as on the cruise boards.

Atlantis policy is that the day passes are restricted based on occupancy. This time of year, occupancy is at it's highest, with the exception of the Xmas holidays.

orlando, fl
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WARNING:No day passes being sold, info NOT on web site

To GrnMtnMan and checkersMidwest:

You two are clearly associated with the resort and/or Comfort Suites, that could not BE more clear. You should not be masquerading as something else.

GrnMtnMan: I am a researcher by trade, and did comprehensive research about Atlantis and Day passes, asking all the right questions to staff at Atlantis and looking at multiple message boards. To say you cannot trust Atlantis representatives who give you info - that I have to agree with. I did complete due diligence. They have a day pass program. You either have one or you don't, they do. They should have put this information on their web site, they were very remiss to not do that. I called for info and was told they always set aside a certain amount every day. When I presented them with this info and 2 very sad children, they were entirely unmoved and rude. Case closed.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: WARNING:No day passes being sold, info NOT on web site

Sorry about your ordeal, but the shortcomings of guest service at Atlantis is a glaring weakness there. Basically they "wow" you with the size of the resort, the fish, the water slides, etc. But when cut through all of that, they are basically a machine designed to do one thing and one thing only....make money. The Atlantis business plan is designed to get every dollar out of a visitors pocket. They have set it up so once you arrive there is no reason to leave. Like I've posted here before "Why does Atlantis charge $20 for sunscreen?...one reason they can charge $20 and they get $20."

Granted, Atlantis is a major employer in this country, and a big part of the economy.. But they fail when it comes to providing personal and memorable service. It's possible (although I have no knowledge of this) that when you called the 800 number for Atlantis that person may never have even set foot on the property. For all we know that person on the other end of the line is in some place like maybe India.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: WARNING:No day passes being sold, info NOT on web site

Quite obviously you did not do that research correctly...because you did not get to the correct information. You were the one left standing there without access to Aquaventure...not me. Had you posted your message on this board, you'd have seen that your method of research was flawed. And you would have found out the certain ways to be assured access.

And you've found me out...congratulations....all the messages I've put on this message board have been leading up to this moment....I've lied about who I am and what I do and my experiences at Atlantis (check my forum posts) just to set you up.

It's not that I think that the way things works at Atlantis are perfect....it's that I've been there often enough to know that there are certain things that won't change. And if you'd have known what I know, you wouldn't have had your problem.

And let me guess: you went on cruise message boards to ask about Atlantis day passes. And did you call Atlantis's Bahamian numbers (not that I think that would have necessarily changed the response you got), or the 1-800 reservation line in Florida?

The bottom line is you came on here to complain and to give us the breaking news that Atlantis staff members give out bad information and have occasionally surly staff members. Well, that's old news here.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Long Island NY
Level Contributor
617 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WARNING:No day passes being sold, info NOT on web site

My husband had called the Atlantis in May when we were deciding what to do for our vacation in July. They told him they sometimes do not sell day passes because they are booked completely between Atlantis guests and cruise ship excursions. So we decided instead of taking a chance we booked a room at the comfort suites and were able to use the aquaventure for 2 days instead of 1 with the day pass. It only came to a few bucks more per person and well worth it. Sorry this happened to you. They should have told you on the phone.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: WARNING:No day passes being sold, info NOT on web site

mlb00 you say yourself in your post that Atlantis told you "that they always sell a limited amount of day passes". Limited meaning only a select # I don't get why you thought you would be guaranteed a pass. They clearly told you you would be taking a chance.

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
617 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: WARNING:No day passes being sold, info NOT on web site

We were also told the exact same info BUT were told that sometimes those day passes sell out. While checking in to the Comfort Suites they told us it woudl take a while for our room to be ready because they were completely booked and sold out. This past week the Miss Teen USA pageant was being held at Atlantis so maybe thats another reason you weren't able to get passes.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America