We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Trips from Atlantis resort

North Wales
Level Contributor
196 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boat Trips from Atlantis resort

Can you do boat trips to other islands from Atlantis? Or a boat trip that shows you the other islands in the bahamas?

This is likely to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip to the Bahamas from the Uk and although our main reason for coming is to experience the Atlantis resort it would be a shame to not see the surrounding areas and I would love to do a boat trip that shows you other islands of the bahamas, maybe with a stop-off for lunch on one of the islands. Can anyone advise if this is possible and how to book it?

Many thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Trips from Atlantis resort

Yes, you can (from Nassau - just a 5 minute cab ride away). Haven't yet done one of these excursions myself, but I'm sure someone with personal experience will be along soon.

I've seen the Bahamas Fast Ferries mentioned her on this board often for trips to some of the out-islands.

LSH
Alburgh, Vermont
Level Contributor
621 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Trips from Atlantis resort

Power Boat Adventures does a great day trip out to the Exumas. It was our favorite excursion by far. We stopped at iguana island, did a drift snorkel with sharks and enjoyed a great lunch with the best grouper stew! You can also take the fast ferry to Harbour Island to see the pink sand beaches. You can book Power Boat Adventures ahead online or I am sure concierge at Atlantis can set something up for you. Definitely explore the out islands. They are beautiful.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Trips from Atlantis resort

When we were there this past June we did the Power boat andventures. Had a blast!!! We had some 1st timers with us and wanted to choose one excursion to cover a lot in one day. We had 3 adults and 2 teens. It was so much fun, you can book online and save 10% if you decide on that option. Many others on this forum can tell you about some of the other excursions. We did the sunset cruise one time, but it is geared toward adults. (we didn't have any kids with us that time). there are some 1/2 day snorkel trips that get good reviews on here also. Hope this helps.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat Trips from Atlantis resort

You can go on a one day excursion to Harbour

Island in Eleuthera via the Bahamas Fast Ferry.

Go to their website listed below for details. I have

taken this trip five times in the last three years

and am going back in November. Harbour Island

is gorgeous. You can rent a golf cart to get around

the relatively small island, 3 miles long, 1/2 mile

wide.

The ferry leaves at 8AM sharp daily from the ferry

terminal on Potter's Cay under the bridge leaving

Paradise Island. You can make reservations on

the website. There is a getaway package deal that

includes a $20 lunch voucher and a golf cart, two

per cart for about $175pp or you can just buy a RT

ticket for $125pp and rent a cart for $40 as I do.

Ask me for more details if interested in this

trip.

www.bahamasferries.com

North Wales
Level Contributor
196 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat Trips from Atlantis resort

Thanks for the info guys, I will take a look at the various websites and see what suits us best.

6. Re: Boat Trips from Atlantis resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 06:17