We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Through Customs

Winky12
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting Through Customs

Has anyone else heard the quickest way to get through customs is paying the locals a few dollars? If so how can I find them when i get there?

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Through Customs

There are luggage handlers (sky caps) that will help with your luggage. Just like at any airport....load the luggage on a cart, direct you to the customs inspectors, and out to transportation. But getting a quick pass or around customs, isn't going to happen. In reality, your not going to spend too much time going through customs, unless your arrival is at the same time of other international arrivals. Most time it has ever taken me from plane to curb is 30 minutes.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Through Customs

I was just in the Bahamas from Florida a few weeks ago. I would say it took maybe 10-15 minutes, at most, to get through customs. Very quick and painless.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,949 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Through Customs

Are you worried about Customs, Immigration or both (there are 2 different checkpoints)? Both are relatively easy and painless to negotiate and you should be through and on your way to your hotel in 10 to 20 minutes - your actual time will depend on the number of people who are ahead of you in line.

4. Re: Getting Through Customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 06:37