We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Delivery

Plano, TX
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Grocery Delivery

Has anyone used the grocery delivery service Nassau Grocer Foodstore? You pre-order items on-line and they deliver to your location.

http://nassaugrocer.com/

I wondered if prices were comparable to going to other Nassau grocery stores or if there is a big mark-up? They charge for delivery, but that seems worth it to me. Wondered if anyone would recommend or if they had issues. I noticed you can't buy chips, but can buy dairy/produce/meat items from them. If anyone has used them how was the quality of these items? We will be staying at Atlantis Harborside.

Thanks for any info. anyone can provide!

buc
upper sandusky, ohio
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Delivery

Haven't used them but I was planning on using them in June, so I am bumping up your question.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Delivery

Wow- never saw this before. I wonder which grocery store the items are coming from...There is another grocery store (NOT either one of the City Markets) that I've seen and was told by a local that their prices are better, but when I asked our cab driver to stop there, she refused, saying that she will only go to City Market. Interesting...

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Delivery

Thanks for this link. I usually have the cab driver stop at the market but this looks much easier. And cheaper. The driver's fee to stop was more.

oklahoma
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Delivery

Just went on the website. This looks like a good deal!! We done this when we went to Disney and it was great having our snacks and water already there waiting on us. Does anyone know if there are fridges in Beach Towers?

NYC
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery Delivery

We will be staying at Harborside next month and plan to use this service too!

Does anyone know if they will deliver straight to your room ? We plan to order water , juice and other heavy stuff....wouldnt want hubby to have to lug it back from the front desk.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,481 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery Delivery

I believe they are only allowed to deliver to the front desk. This is true for most deliveries.

new jersey
Level Contributor
343 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery Delivery

Supervalue market is actually closer to Harborside than City market and it is a MUCH better and cheaper supermarket. Just walk to the second bridge, and stay straight on that road for a few blocks when you get to the other side. You will see it on your right. If you go at lunchtime you can even stop for lunch (conch fritters or cracked conch) at Mackenzies under the bridge - yummy!). Takes about 20 minutes to walk from Harborside and they will call you a taxi for the return trip if you want (about $12). We found everything we wanted there including decent fruits and vegetables and meats.

8. Re: Grocery Delivery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 March 2011, 22:35
Miami
Level Contributor
23 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grocery Delivery

I am bumping too - I would love to hear from someone who actually used them successfully - though the website is nice and professional, which is usually a good sign

Chicago Illinois
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Grocery Delivery

This is my second year using nassaugrocer service ..In most cases from what i have seen the prices are about the same or even better than some of the other local grocery stores...The price for delivery has bumped up from $9.99 back in 2009 to 15.99 ..I can understand that fuel is costly in the Bahamas... but over all I love there service, our flight was delayed and my wife was afraid that the cold supplies we ordered would go bad ..but the groceries were kept stored at the store until our arrival...Infact John a rep at nassaugrocer.com contacted my wife on her cell phone to re-confirm a new delivery time after learning that we had not arrived at the resort at the time we had selected..... It really made my wife and I feel important ..we were able to set up a new delivery time..which was the best....I would give them 9 tums up..... I have recommended nassaugrocer.com to all of my friends and a few of them whom have travel to the islands were also please with their service...I hope this helps I am like a walking billboard for them ....

Edited: 18 March 2011, 13:59
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island
Recent Conversations