We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report June2-7 Best Vacation!!

oklahoma
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report June2-7 Best Vacation!!

Well, going to write a report on our vacation. My family: me, husband, and nine year old boy and 11 year old boy. I will start by saying I absolutely loved our vacation and can't complain about anything. We had so much fun. Well, our only complaint is we only stayed for five nights! Next time we will stay longer. We were so sad to be leaving.

First off we took a taxi from the airport and I was a little confused by this. It says $32 on all the signs but he charged $45 plus my husband tipped him. I thought it was a flat fee??

We did have him stop at liquor store and we got a case of beer and two cases of water, which he told us he would not charge us since we were very quick.

Arrived at the Atlantis resort and wow! Everything is so pretty. We just loved it. I do not see what anyone complains about! We statyed at Beach Towers. Everything was very clean and nice! We had Ocean view and it was so pretty! I asked my boys if they would have rather been in the big towers to be closer to the water park and they said no cuz we were right on the Ocean and we probably would have never seen all the stuff we seen on our walk there.

Yes it was a walk but so pretty. We enjoyed every minute of it! There is lots of stuff to see right at Beach towers (aquariums, stingrays, and turtles) that we probably would not have seen if we weren't staying there.

The water park: my kids loved it. No it's not Disney but it was so much fun. We loved going from the slides to the ocean as we wanted. And then the private beach was so nice. We walked over the sand to the cove beach several times. We just didn't go on up where their seating was and we would be almost the only ones there. Maybe one or two other families.

Food: we did the dining plan with buffets at seagrapes and marketplace. It was a great deal for us because they were offering kids eat free so it made it $100 a day. Without it breakfast would have been almost 100 and dinner 150 so we came out way ahead! And I do not see what the complaints are about. We thought the food was wonderful and with kids buffets are nice. They can choose what they want and get full and get in and out quick. All the staff was super nice! We liked Marketplace the best. I am vegetarian and was in awe over all the choices: vegetarian chilli, pizza, indian vegetable curry, steamd vegetables, and tons of salads. They even had a place where you pick what you want and they make you chinese. My husband loved that. Oh and in the morning they made you omelates.

As for prices yes it is very expensive. But thanks to this site I went knowing that. One mixed drink was 10.50 but I did have the three while there. They were good but at the prices would not have had too many. lol! Most days we were full enough from breakfast that we waited till dinner. Two days my boys were hungry and we did get them nachos and a chicken sandwich. They were around $8 each. We also packed snack food like crackers and nuts to take to the beach with us.

The only excusion we did was stuart snorkeling. It was really nice. We went in a boat and they take you to three places to snorkel. The last place they feed the sharks and you are on top of sharks. I chickened out of this. hehe! But husband and boys thought it was awesome. The prices were $65 adult and $30 kids. We do wish we would have snorkeled with dolphins. It just seemed like time went so fast. I guess something to look forward to next trip.

When we were leavving the taxi driver charged my husband $45 again and he said I thought it was $32? The driver said it's more with lots of luggage. ?? We had 3 cases! We paid and tipped but am still not sure about that.

Overall: Loved Loved Loved this trip and can't wait to go back. Everything was beautiful and clean. Eeryone there was so nice to us!!

oklahoma
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report June2-7 Best Vacation!!

Oh and forgot: We did sunset photos and they are so good. It had bee a while since having family photos and this was so worth it. We paid $199 for the flashdrive that also included all the photos they took at the water parks. It had almost 100 photos on it. The pics are so good. I have alread had a family one blown up to 16x20 to put above fireplace. It looks great.

oklahoma
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report June2-7 Best Vacation!!

And one more thing: They approached us about looking at harborside resort timeshare. They offered to pay us $125 just to look. I kept saying no and my boys were like do it for the $125. So we did it and they are really nice. I would probalby stay at them next trip only because I really like condos better with my boys getting older. The only thing is they do not have ocean view. They are on the other side (lagoon?). The lady that showed us was very nice but it was taking her manager a while to come tell us prices. I finally just said nicely we really are not interested in buying into a time share so there is no need wasting your time and she said ok that easy! She gave us a check and we were able to pay it towards our balance. It was worth doing. We scheduled at 9am and were done in time to still enjoy the day!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,570 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report June2-7 Best Vacation!!

A cab for 4 from the airport should have been $38 plus $1 for the toll bridge and a tip according to the official regulated rates listed at the website below.

I have two large checked bags and a carry on and always pay only $32 plus the toll bridge $1. The bridge is free leaving Paradise Island.

bahamas-treasures.com/bahamas/Nassau_Taxi_Fa…

Boston MA
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report June2-7 Best Vacation!!

Hi,

I'm so glad to hear that you had a great time. We'll be there in August and some of the reviews can make you second guess your decision. I have a few questions for you:

1) Are the frozen drinks freshly made or are they served out of a machine?

2) In regards to hotel rooms in the caribbean, I've read many reviews about the "musty" air in the rooms. How was it at Atlantis?

3) Also, I just read an Atlantis review today that said they charge 15 dollars a day for fresh towels. Is that true?

4) Also, how was the heat/humidity while you were there?

Thanks.

oklahoma
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report June2-7 Best Vacation!!

Well, we had two different drivers and they both charged us more. Oh, well! That is our only complaint of the whole trip. and what do you do when you have already rode in their taxi and they tell you that. My hubby still tipped $5 but I told him he just shouldn't have tipped since tey already were charging us more!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,570 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report June2-7 Best Vacation!!

Atlantis does not charge for towels.

oklahoma
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report June2-7 Best Vacation!!

Honestly not sure about the drinks. My husband always went to get them. But I do know the one time he told them to make it stronger and I could taste rum right on the top. So, not sure if they just added extra or what.

I never smelled anything musty. I am very picky and thought they were very clean.

No, extra charge for towels. They have towel huts and you can walk up and get as many towes as you like while there.

As far as heat and humidity I live in OK where it is very humid and it always felt so nice there. As a matter a fact I had to wear a jacket in the evening! The breeze from the ocean felt so nice. But I will say I am glad I read on here to take a jacket. It is freezing in all the halls and restaurants. Even with a sweater I was soooo cold!!! I took cute summer shorts and dresses and was almost wishing I had pants for the meals!

oklahoma
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report June2-7 Best Vacation!!

And don't second guess going here! Let me just say we can't wait to go back. We loved every second of it! I have not one complaint!!!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report June2-7 Best Vacation!!

We were there at the same time!! We also loved it. Definitely want to go back. Wasn't the weather great those days!? We were in coral towers, no musty smell at all. We saw them make those drinks fresh (at the bar we were sitting at anyway).

Edited: 23 June 2011, 01:55
Boston MA
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report June2-7 Best Vacation!!

Thanks to all who responded. I can't wait to go to Atlantis.

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island
Recent Conversations