We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harborside Resort--roll a way bed??

NJ
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Harborside Resort--roll a way bed??

I have a question about the room sizes at Harborside. We are staying in a 2 bedroom villa and there are 6 of us. We have 3 teens, one of which will sleep on the sofa bed. Two others will share the queen in the 2nd bedroom. Now, we also have a 3 year old who sleeps at home on a mattress on the floor. I think that I can request a roll a way bed, but if I do, will it fit in the master bedroom?? Does anyone know if I can just request the mattress from the rollaway and use that on the floor in the master bedroom? Are there other options for us (that do not involve putting my 3 year old in the living room with his 16 year old brother who doesn't like being woken up at 6 am everyday!!)

LI, NY
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Harborside Resort--roll a way bed??

Yes the roll-away fits nicely in the master bedroom. We put my 7yo dd at the base of our bed. Ds15 sleeps on sofa bed in living room. Can go to bed as late as he wants and sleep later too.

LI, NY
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Harborside Resort--roll a way bed??

Yes the roll-away fits nicely in the master bedroom. We put my 7yo dd at the base of our bed. Ds15 sleeps on sofa bed in living room. Can go to bed as late as he wants and sleep later too.

LI, NY
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Harborside Resort--roll a way bed??

NJ
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harborside Resort--roll a way bed??

Thanks! Is the roll a way twin-sized? I'm worried our 3yr old may fall out of the bed...is it standard height? can I remove its mattress? (I know these questions may sound a bit odd but my young ds is always falling off his mattress!)

LI, NY
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Harborside Resort--roll a way bed??

It is twin and, I kid you not, very comfortable.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harborside Resort--roll a way bed??

Sitting in bed looking at the rollaway- it fits right along the window if you move the chair to the opposite side of the bed. I personally have never slept on it in the 8 years we've been coming here, but my family members say it is very comfy! We are leaving for home tomorrow...had a great week of weather, once again! We are 9 for 9 on the weather- first came in 2003, (stayed in Beach Tower, and purchased Harborside timeshare that year)...cannot imagine a nicer time to visit!

NJ
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harborside Resort--roll a way bed??

Thanks so much MaryL31. Glad you had a great time! We are leaving in 2 weeks and hope we have good luck with the weather while we are there, too. Unfortunately you won't have good weather to come home to..it's going to be another nasty, hot, humid week in NJ! Have a safe flight home!

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harborside Resort--roll a way bed??

I think it is lower than a regular bed--when they bring it in you will see it stands up if you want when not in use--it is way more comfortable than the sofa bed!

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
126 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harborside Resort--roll a way bed??

is there a charge for a roll away?

NJ
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harborside Resort--roll a way bed??

Good question. I swear I read somewhere that there is a $25 charge, but I have never been charged in the 6-7 times we have had one.

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island