We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Club or Atlantis With My Family?

Norman,OK
Level Contributor
5 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Club or Atlantis With My Family?

I know this seems like a weird question because they are two totally different places but I have been doing a little research and have found that the One & Only provides free transportation to Atlantis. We have a 2.5 year old daughter and we have not stayed at either hotel before.

On the one hand, we like the luxury, privacy and quaintness of the One & Only and they seem to have a good kids area from the looks of their website.

On the other hand, the convenience of the proximity of Atlantis to all of their kids features might be more appealing to us. We would be staying at the Reef Tower suites if we stayed at Atlantis.

Does anyone have any insights on this?

P.S. We are going in early December. Is the water cold this time of year? We are from Oklahoma.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Club or Atlantis With My Family?

I've stayed at the Ocean Club on two occasions with DH. We have spent numerous other visits with (our now grown sons) on various other Atlantis properties. The Ocean Club offers complimentary (private vehicle) transportation on Paradise Island. You might be better off at the Reef, due to semi-kitchen facilities and w/d, since you are traveling with a toddler. I would weigh out your priorities and then decide.

Norman,OK
Level Contributor
5 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Club or Atlantis With My Family?

Thanks for the reply. We are only staying 5 days and dont plan to use the kitchen or washer and dryer much. If we stayed at Atlantis, I would stay at the Reef Tower suites because I read that they are nicer than the Royal tower.

When you stayed at the Ocean Club, did you find it difficult to go back and forth to the amenities and attractions at Atlantis? Or did you utilize them at all?

Thanks,

Russ

Texas
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Club or Atlantis With My Family?

Not at all difficult getting back and forth from Ocean Club to Atlantis. Private vehicle service was always available.

It is a personal decision in which property you choose. I feel that you can't go wrong with either!

Eden, New York
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Club or Atlantis With My Family?

Just might want to consider the fees that you will have to pay when you visit Atlantis and are not a guest there - I have heard is is over $100/pp for a day pass - that ,may be something to consider also!! We are taking our 5 year old in May and were also considering staying elsewhere until I heard about the daily fees to visit Atlantis!!

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Club or Atlantis With My Family?

Ocean Club is owned by Kerzner as well and is under the "atlantis" umbrella. Ocean Club guests have full access to the Atlantis Property

Edited: 13 November 2011, 12:19
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Club or Atlantis With My Family?

The Reef tower is very nice but you may also want to consider the Cove at Atlantis. It is the most luxurious tower on the Atlantis property so you would have that aspect covered as well as the proximity to Atlantis' amenities. The Cove is an all-suite tower so the rooms are comfortable for a family.

Nj
Level Contributor
216 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Club or Atlantis With My Family?

Just came back from the Cove but ate at One and Only (OAO) for dinner a few times. OAO provide uv transport back and forth and seemed always available. But seeing OAO my teen said he was glad we were at the Cove. I think if I were traveling when my kids were small I would definitely pick the Cove as well. Mostly because of convenience and pool/beach accomodations for little ones. However, if you are bringing someone to watch your toddler then pick the OAO.

8. Re: Ocean Club or Atlantis With My Family?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2012, 10:20