We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!! Passport name doesn't match airline ticket name

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
775 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
HELP!!! Passport name doesn't match airline ticket name

We are traveling in 4 wks. I booked our family with my daughter in-law using her married name. Her passport still has her maiden name. Will her marriage certificate and an old driver's license, along with her new driver's license work? Anyone have this experience?

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,905 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!!! Passport name doesn't match airline ticket name

Call your airline for advice. They are the ones that can help you, as you will not be allowed to travel unless the passport and ticket names match.

Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!!! Passport name doesn't match airline ticket name

you might be able to do it in four weeks if you call your local politician

we had a similar experience here in Canada when our daughter lost her birth certificate and needed to have it replaced before we could renew her passport, we called our member of parliament and he called the birth registrar and the passport office to tell them the situation, he couriered all the documents at his expense and we had the birth certificate very fast and he helped expedite the passports papers as well, we wouldn't have received it in time otherwise, hopefully you have a similar happy experience

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!!! Passport name doesn't match airline ticket name

Visit the US State Department website for FAQ's. I'm betting that if she has a legal wedding certificate, showing change of last name, and all the needed documents, she'll be fine. Of course, she can apply for an expedited passport, might costs a few extra bucks, but might ease the stress.

Vancouver,B.C.
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP!!! Passport name doesn't match airline ticket name

I did that once and. my airline (air canada) made the change for free.

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
775 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP!!! Passport name doesn't match airline ticket name

Here's what I have found out so far: Even paying the extra money [ $60 plus extra for fastest delivery, on top of the $110 for new passport], the soonest they can guarentee is 3 wks. That is cutting close and she will have to mail in her current pasport. So, I called USair, twice, and spoke to 2 different people. They both said that if she has her marriage certificate, an ID with her old name, an ID with her new name[ which she does], she will be fine. I really hope so!! Thanks for all your input.

collingwood, ont,
Level Contributor
503 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP!!! Passport name doesn't match airline ticket name

Do you have your tickets already? I am assumming not, as most are available 2 weeks prior, for printing, using Etickets. Just phone whomever you have booked your travel with, and have them change the documents, with the name that matches the passport.

It has happened to me as well, although here in Canada. I didnt notice the error till I went to print off my tickets, just phoned , and had them change to correct name. No charge, no hassles at all.

7. Re: HELP!!! Passport name doesn't match airline ticket name

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2012, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island
Recent Conversations