We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The atlantis, is that really worth it?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
302 posts
450 reviews
Save Topic
The atlantis, is that really worth it?

Dear TA friends,

I'm a bit worried for my trip to the atlantis. none reply my email like usual. I stayed in the atlantis dubai few years ago, and come back with a so so memories. But I want my family to have a great enjoyable trip to bahamas.

It will spend me 9k for 4 room and 3night stay. excluding the airflight ticket from my country. do you think its really worth it? can I enter the aquaventure and the pool if I book the basic room? isnt it funny if I pay 600 per night but I cant even use the pool and uses the facility?

please advice,

xo

Kentucky
Level Contributor
14 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The atlantis, is that really worth it?

We just got back. We stayed at the Beach club. It was a lot of fun, if you stay at Atlantis you have full access to the Aquaventure and pools. And then the beautiful beach. Unfortunately, we had so-so weather, in fact it was like a mini-monsoon when we left yesterday. Even the man at immigration was surprised about the amount of rain for the amount of time. It started Friday and was still going strong Monday.

The staff does a lot to help find things to do indoors, but the reason you go there is for the sun and the water. But we do not control the weather.

That seems alike a lot of money for the time you are there. The food cost is outrageous. You will do a lot of walking from pool to pool and water ride to water ride. IF the family is young, that could be a concern.

I would go again, if I got another great deal like we did. I think our 'kids', who are in their 20's would love it.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
302 posts
450 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The atlantis, is that really worth it?

Hello there,

Yes, I just finally get a reply from the atlantis. I went the one in dubai last 2 years ago and its all inclusive, I was even given a lunch voucher and shopping voucher at that time. I still really hope they could give us voucher as well lol.

I dont know how much we will spend while we're in atlantis, but do you mind to share how do you manage your lunch while youre there? do you go other place than this atlantis for some sightseeing?

Thank you

xx

Kentucky
Level Contributor
14 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The atlantis, is that really worth it?

We did lunch at the Marina Pizza, also poolside sandwiches.

One day we did a cruise (called a Booze Cruise) not for kids, and lunch was included in the fee. We try to eat a larger breakfast, snack for lunch and then have a decent early dinner/supper.

We did take the ferry into Nassau to do some sightseeing/shopping. We ate at a place called Anchorage at the area referred to as The Fish Fry.

Mentioned in this post
Marina Pizza
Marina Pizza
866 Reviews
New Providence Island
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island
Connecticut
Level Contributor
966 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The atlantis, is that really worth it?

You did not say if you purchased a meal plan along with your rooms? Or what building your rooms are in? How many people are in your party?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
14 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The atlantis, is that really worth it?

No Meal plan. We were upgraded to the 9th floor at the Beach. We were a party of two, meeting up with a party of two. They gave us adjoining rooms. Our room was a suite, and theirs was smaller.

Ontario
Level Contributor
557 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The atlantis, is that really worth it?

Sorry to post hijack; I am staying in the Beach Tower at Atlantis in late May; were you happy with your room dentalhy? Good condition, clean?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,592 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The atlantis, is that really worth it?

bongkeh - goofy has a good question - which tower are you going to, did you add the meal plan and how many people? the price does seem high.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
14 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The atlantis, is that really worth it?

Our room was very clean. Comfortable bed. Nice towels. Now, we had a beach view, but if you look directly downward, you are looking at the roof of part of the convention center or something.....but we did sit out and listen/watch the ocean.

Know that there is a mini-bar, totally empty, in the room. We used it as a fridge at first.....then it shut off. We had bought some wine, beer, soda, cheese, etc....so they sent up a fridge for us complimentary.

Pa
Level Contributor
22 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The atlantis, is that really worth it?

I do not know if the Atlantis is worth the money you are spending but it is a really nice place. We stay every year at Harborside which are the condos, prior to Harborside being completed we stayed at the Beach Tower, a room was fine for a hotel room.Bed, fridge, small balcony w/2 chairs ocean view.

If you are staying on the property than you have access to all of the pools etc except for the pools at the Reef and Cove.

If you enjoy good food and don't mind going off the property than I wouldn't get the meal plan, there are so many great places to eat off the property but you will need a car or taxi.

If your room has a fridge and /or cooking facilities than have your taxi take you to the supermarket on the way from the airport.

If you didn't already book your transportation from the airport do so before, let me know I will give you the name and contact of the family we use.

When are you going and where are you staying?

Ontario
Level Contributor
557 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The atlantis, is that really worth it?

Thank you dentalhy!!