We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sleep comfort???

Mt. Pleasant
Level Contributor
17 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
sleep comfort???

Heading to Atlantis in a few weeks with our boys age 12 and 16 and staying at Harborside. We are very excited to take the boys. We have been to Atlantis and stayed at the Cove, but without the kids. Taking a cooler and suitcase of food! Wondering about the beds...I have read that the king size beds are very hard. Any comments about the comfort of the sofa sleeper and roll away, as they are traditionally not very comfortable. Just want to prepare the boys...

NJ
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sleep comfort???

Rollaway is very comfortable from what my family has told me. Sleeper sofa-not so much, and can be really bad if you're unlucky enough to get an abused one. King-size bed- yes, a little on the hard side, but I have always slept well, and have never slept in a rollaway or the sleeper sofa.. Pillows? Not wonderful, but better than what some "fine" hotels here in the states call a "pillow".

Mt. Pleasant
Level Contributor
17 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sleep comfort???

Thanks for that information. I think I will buy an egg carton mattress for the sleeper sofa, and carry that on the plane. They are pretty compact until opened, so it should not be a problem. A week on a bad bed is awful, even if you are a 12 or 16 year old! I really appreciate you sharing your experience.

Mt. Pleasant
Level Contributor
17 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sleep comfort???

Do you know if the sleeper sofa is a double or a queen size? Thanks!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sleep comfort???

It's just a guess- I'd say full size (a bit smaller than queen).

So Cal
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sleep comfort???

"think I will buy an egg carton mattress for the sleeper sofa"

What a great idea! My poor sons have been suffering on the sofa bed for years (been an owner since '03) and I never thought of that lol! Thanks!

6. Re: sleep comfort???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 12:41