We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a few random questions

Mentor, Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
a few random questions

My wife and I are going to be staying at the Comfort Suites in mid August. Ive read through the forums and have a few random questions about Atlantis.

1. Their website says they have a sea turtle exhibit and that you can feed them during their feeding time. My wife loves turtles and would love to do this. Anyone know if it costs anything and what time the feedings are?

2. Can we wear water shoes on the slides?

3. How do the free towels work, can you get more than one per day? For example, if we got a towel for the beach in the morning and then wanted to go on the slides could we return our old towels and get new ones after the slides so we wouldn't have to rent a locker just for the slides?

4. How much do the lockers cost and does the key pin to a bathing suit?

5. How has everyone's experience been with the jet ski rentals on the beach? I heard its $50 bucks for half and hour which is actually a pretty standard price, but are the jet saki's fun and is it a good area for jet skiing?

Thank you

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: a few random questions

Can't answer any of your questions, but I can weigh in on the jet skies. It's not worth it, and it's not safe. The jet ski operators are not regulated, and there is no enforcement as far as there is no inspections. Especially along Paradise Island and Cabbage Beach, where the jet skies and swimmers share the same space. Over the past few years, there have been several deaths per year involving jet skies.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,419 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: a few random questions

Water shoes are highly recommended in the summer months and are allowed as long as there are NO metal straps or buckles on them. The concrete walkways are extremely hot now.

You can get as many towels as you want at Atlantis. Just put your used ones in bins.

Lockers rent for about $7-10 depending on the size.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,031 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a few random questions

Hi buckeye, everyday pick up the atlantean newsletter, it will tell you all of the activities for the day. I'm looking at mine from my trip and they have complimentary fish feedings (tue-sun), one is at the turtle lagoon. So yes you'll be able to feed the turtles for free :)

Also the locker key is on a stretchy bracelet type thing you can wear on your arm or ankle.

Have a great trip!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a few random questions

The towels work just as you described. Turn in a wet one and they'll give you a dry one. As for water shoes, they are allowed. But what we find we need most is shoes to be able to walk to the slide that we're going on (the sidewalks get very hot). At the entrance of the slide, you will find a lot of shoes/sandals just sitting there waiting for their owners to return. We've never had anything missing, and it beats having to wear water shoes while in the lazy river or on the rapids,etc. JMO; you and your family may be very comfortable wearing the shoes while in the water, but we don't care to.

Florence, South...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a few random questions

We are booked for parasailing I believe there on Paradise Island (my husband booked it). Have you heard anything bad about that? We parasailed previously at Port Lacaya with out any problems. We really enjoy parasailing.

6. Re: a few random questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 10:16