We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time to airport from Atlantis and Airport Check-in

lossiemouth...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Time to airport from Atlantis and Airport Check-in

Just wondering if anyone knows how long the drive is from the Atlantis to Nassau Airport and how long check-in take. My sister and I are travelling to Miami for the day when we are in the Bahamas and our flight is at 6.30am flying with American Airlines. So need a rough idea so we can plan what times to leave for the airport etc.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,380 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Time to airport from Atlantis and Airport Check-in

It depend on what time your taxi leaves for Atlantis. During rush hour it could take 45 min. to an hour as the bridge backs up along with traffic in downtown Nassau. After rush hours it usually takes about 30 min, depending on traffic and how fast your driver goes.

However, despite all of the above, if your flight departs at 6:30 AM you will be at the airport from 1-2 hours before departure. At that time of the morning there should not be that much traffic.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time to airport from Atlantis and Airport Check-in

I was there last Monday for a 4:30 p.m. departure to the US. The US immigration wait was over 1 1/2 hours long.

I always give a 2 1/2 to 3 hour window. Sometimes I've zipped thru quickly and sometimes had a long wait.

Traffic should be decent for a flight that early.

Hingham
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time to airport from Atlantis and Airport Check-in

Just returned on Saturday - had a 1 PM flight and arranged a 9:30AM pickup at the hotel. We arrived at the airport about 10:10, checked bags and got through security by about 10:30 but waited in customs line till about 11:30/11:40. Had about 20 min to grab a bagel and last minute souvenirs before heading to our gate for the noon boarding time listed on our ticket. We didn't end up boarding till 1ish as the plane was arriving from another distination but I suppose we could have started boarding earlier. I was glad we allowed a 3 hr arrival before departure.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,873 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time to airport from Atlantis and Airport Check-in

We waited on a long line in June. I'd rather be there early and sit and wait, than worrying whether we'll get through in time. There were people on the line whose plane was leaving in 10 minutes. I don't know what happened with them. But the whole time waiting to board we heard people being called over the loudspeaker to board their flight. Better safe than sorry :)

lossiemouth...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Time to airport from Atlantis and Airport Check-in

Thank you for the responses,much appreciated.

6. Re: Time to airport from Atlantis and Airport Check-in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2013, 10:17