We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer to Paradise Island, nassau bahamas

Columbus, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Airport transfer to Paradise Island, nassau bahamas

What is the best way for 3 adults to get from the airport to the Atlantis in the Bahamas?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfer to Paradise Island, nassau bahamas

Just get into the next available taxi in a long line outside the airport terminal. A taxi for 3 to Atlantis is $35 plus $1 for the toll bridge and a good tip. All taxis should charge the same Government regulated rate. Here is a link to the official rates:

bahamas-treasures.com/bahamas/Nassau_Taxi_Fa…

Southern California
Level Contributor
204 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfer to Paradise Island, nassau bahamas

We have gone to the Bahamas 4 times the first time was ok the cab driver was nice. Then I found out about Sandra Ferguson sexy_sanny@hotmail.com. She will be waiting for you with a sign and will also take you to the grocery store and liquor store if you needed. It really helps! she also will call the day before you need to leave. It's nice flying in and having a smiling face and someone to welcome you to the Bahamas. Enjoy!

Edited: 09 November 2012, 00:21
Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
72 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfer to Paradise Island, nassau bahamas

We've used taxis in front and never had a problem.

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfer to Paradise Island, nassau bahamas

How much does Sandra charge?

Miami, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfer to Paradise Island, nassau bahamas

Maximum pay $40 do not share with other people, other than your travelling companions, taxi drivers in Nassau are sneaky, ask for the fare before jump into his taxi and make sure the fare is included with bridge crossing fee, big van $2 and small van $1.

Edited: 17 January 2013, 19:49
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,915 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transfer to Paradise Island, nassau bahamas

Our shuttle through Atlantis last June was $52 for two people roundtrip :)

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transfer to Paradise Island, nassau bahamas

What shuttle service did you use?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,915 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transfer to Paradise Island, nassau bahamas

Hi Sasha, it's called Dan Knowles Tours, I booked it through Atlantis directly :)

Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
111 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport transfer to Paradise Island, nassau bahamas

In the past I always just hailed any cab out of the airport. Most of them were great, some not so great. This year I am going for a special occasion and wanted something different so I contacted Sandra Ferguson's taxi service. Her price is $35 with a dollar added for the toll bridge. She will stop at a grocery store for you and also provide drinks if you request it.

Herndon, Virginia
Level Contributor
12 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport transfer to Paradise Island, nassau bahamas

My college aged daughter and I just returned from Paradise Island this week. Took a cab from the airport to the hotel. The cabs are waiting outside the terminal and there was someone directing people into the next cab in line. Official cabs have orange plates with black lettering and "NP". Our cab driver was friendly and talked about the island as we drove. I had printed out the rate sheet before I left home, so I knew what to pay him. Handed him a dollar for the toll and when we got to the hotel, gave him the fixed fare plus a tip. Same deal on the way back to the airport...driver was friendly and we had no problems. I made sure to have a lot of small bills with me before I left home and was able to pay both cab drivers the exact amount I wanted to give them, so there would be no problem getting change.