We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis day pass - can't decide!

King of Prussia...
9 posts
Save Topic
Atlantis day pass - can't decide!

We are coming in on Disney Dream on Dec. 10th. I am so undecided if we should do the day pass. If we do, we will probably book the Comfort Suites hotel, total for four us is about $320.

My concerns:

How crowded it will be. I heard there is two other ships in that day including Allure which has 5,000 passengers.

The short amount of time we have. It says in port from 9:30-6, factor in travel time and we only have maybe 6 hours or so.

the temperature. Will the pools and ocean be fairly warm for swimming? Are the pools heated?

I REALLY want to see Atlantis and know this might be my only chance for awhile. If we only do the aquarium or the lobby area, my kids will be bored and quite disappointed. Since Nassau is our only port, I think we should take advantage and splurge a little.

Help me decide! Thanks

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,485 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis day pass - can't decide!

Aqua park opens at 10 and will close by 4:30 during this time of year. It get's dark early Pools will close early as well.

A few pools are heated, but I haven't heard that they have turned on the heat yet. It's been chilly here lately, so things are starting to cool down.

Expect crowds early in the day while the Allure is in port.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis day pass - can't decide!

Six hours is the most time you'll have and that's pushing it...getting off the ship, taxi to Comfort Suites, check in, walking to Atlantis, getting your wristbands. And if its a weekday, the evening traffic moves very slow. There is just so much to see and do there, that your not getting the full value for your $'s. Also day passes don't include food or drink, so add another $20+ per person. We spent three days over there last month, and I still didn't see or do everything. Check out an excursion with Dolphin Encounters, that would be a better value and fun option.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,689 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis day pass - can't decide!

I'm here now, it's chilly, pools are cool, too cold to swim if it's cloudy

4. Re: Atlantis day pass - can't decide!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island