We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Atlantis to Exuma??

Brea, California
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel from Atlantis to Exuma??

I tried searching but could not find good information.

Me and the wife are visiting Atlantis Monday for 1 week. We would like to take a powerboat or ferry from Atlantis to Exuma to take the "Thunderball 007 Tour" offered by "Exuma Water Sports - which includes the iguanas, snorkeling, and swimming with pigs experience.

My wife LOVES pigs and we really want to go on this tour.

What are out options on travel from Atlantis to Exuma?

As I understand we can take a short 35 minute airplane ride. Wondering if we can take some kind of boat or ferry out there??

Thank you very much for your responses.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,326 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Atlantis to Exuma??

Here is a link to the Bahamas Ferries

website. There you can find timetables,

rates, and make reservations. The ferry

is a long slow ride to Exuma. You are

better off flying there but consider the

cost of taxi back to the airport from

Atlantis.

www.bahamasferries.com

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Atlantis to Exuma??

You are best off contacting Exuma Water Sports to find out where they are located and the closest airport or dock. I believe they are located in the northermost tip at Barraterre.

Exuma is more than 100 miles long.. and mailboats/ferrie docks are not usually near these tourist areas. The Ferrydock mentioned would be about 60 miles from the tour. A very expensive cab ride.

Also, the airport that you would want to fly into is Barraterre. Not easy.

Nassau offers 2 exuma day aways.

www.islandworldadventures.com

www.powerboatadventures.com

I recommend you look into one of these and save Exuma water sports for a time when you can stay on Exuma and enjoy all it's charm.

exuma
Level Contributor
295 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Atlantis to Exuma??

Nassau and Exuma are too far apart to do a round trip in a day.

You cannot fly down from Nassau early enough to do the Exuma Cays trip as they start at 8.30am. and dont get back to Exuma until around 5.30pm.

There are trips from Nassau to the Northern end of the Cays, recommend you do that.

Save the trip from Exuma for your next Bahamas visit and stay in Exuma.

Brea, California
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Atlantis to Exuma??

Thank you everyone for the responses. Looks like we will have to save swimming pigs for next year.

5. Re: Travel from Atlantis to Exuma??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 07:15