We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Lagoon 'Dolphin Swim' vs. Atlantis 'Deep Water Swim'

London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Blue Lagoon 'Dolphin Swim' vs. Atlantis 'Deep Water Swim'

To anyone who has experienced both, or heard a large amount of reviews favoring one or the other, would you let me know, as I've weighed up the pro's and con's myself and they are pretty equal, so I guess the deciding point would be someone's own experience.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Lagoon 'Dolphin Swim' vs. Atlantis 'Deep Water Swim'

in myu opinion blue lagoon is better. Dolphin program pretty much the same, but with blue lagoon, you get a cruise to a seperate island, see the sites along the way, and enjoy a private island wiith a more secluded tropical feel to it.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Lagoon 'Dolphin Swim' vs. Atlantis 'Deep Water Swim'

Blue Lagoon also has a more natural environment. It's not a manmade pool landlocked in the middle of a theme park.

My grandkids were very disappointed in the atlantis swim since they had already experienced BLue Lagoon. We go back to BL every time they are in town.

Also, the beach at blue lagoon is open to all.. At Atlantis, you can't even put your feet in the water at Dolphin Cay. the beach is useless.

Mentor, Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Lagoon 'Dolphin Swim' vs. Atlantis 'Deep Water Swim'

I agree with the above posters. The dolphine swim/encounter at Blue Lagoon is much cheaper than Atlantis and you get more for your money. I recommend buying the beach day pass and spending the whole day on the island. There are two beaches on the island, the main beach with all the inflatables in the water and one on the other side of the island that is much more secluded. The water at this beach has almost no waves and is very shallow, you can go out quite a ways and it's only up to your knees. The hammocks are also amazing, I could have spent our whole vacation relaxing in the hammocks under the palm trees.

Like the above poster said, you get to see more of the dolphins at Blue Lagoon. As the ferry pulls up to the dock you can hear and see the dolphins.

Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
115 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Lagoon 'Dolphin Swim' vs. Atlantis 'Deep Water Swim'

I have only experienced the dolphin swim at Blue Lagoon. It was such a great time! The boat ride over was great and of course, the dolphin swim was superb. The "foot push" alone was well worth the money. The dolphin swim at Atlantis didn't look half as interesting as Blue Lagoon. We've looked at both while planning our trip in May and from past experience, we decided to book with Blue Lagoon.

Enjoy your trip, whichever you decide!

Level Contributor
409 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Lagoon 'Dolphin Swim' vs. Atlantis 'Deep Water Swim'

Question about the foot push...do you have to balance yourself, or do you have a boogie board to help keep you afloat? I'd love to do the swim instead of the encounter, but I have a bad knee, so if I have to completely balance myself, that might be a challenge.

Thanks!

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Lagoon 'Dolphin Swim' vs. Atlantis 'Deep Water Swim'

I did it with a bad knee and hip.. no problem.. As long as you can straighten your legs.. you'll be fine. No boogie board needed (I was surprised)..

I did the Blue Lagoon Swim.. I think Atlantis might use a boogie board.. not sure

Level Contributor
409 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Lagoon 'Dolphin Swim' vs. Atlantis 'Deep Water Swim'

Cool, thanks!

California
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Lagoon 'Dolphin Swim' vs. Atlantis 'Deep Water Swim'

Okay, I am thinking of the Blue Lagoon over the Atlantis Swim.

My daughter is 10. She will do the dolphin encounter. Can my wife and I be observers?

Is this island so great that we should do the whole day there--- it sounds like it. So, we are asking for a Dolphin Encounter plus a Day pass for 3?

By the way, we are going the week after next. Are reservations tough to get? Should we book early?

And, how long is the boat ride to the island? Bathrooms aboard?

Edited: 25 August 2013, 08:20
here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Lagoon 'Dolphin Swim' vs. Atlantis 'Deep Water Swim'

You should book the program NOW.. they sell out.

Staying on the island is great, but you don't have to decide that now.. you can take an earlier ferry is it suits you. Buy the program passes and observer, then upgrade on the island when you see the weather.

It's a 25 minute ride.. and a beautiful trip. There are restrooms onboard on the lower level.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Lagoon 'Dolphin Swim' vs. Atlantis 'Deep Water Swim'

Definitely go with Blue Lagoon. If it's a must-do for you, I'd suggest you might want to book now & book a day early in your trip. They rarely cancel for weather, and at busy times they often sell out, but if you're here at a slow time (a week+ after Labour Day) they may also cancel some days due to non-participation, so better to have a few days to work with...

Have Fun!

p.s. good luck resisting (I wouldn't even try!) buying the photos they take of your daughter w/ the dolphin!

Edited: 28 August 2013, 18:44
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island
Recent Conversations