We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Visit to Atlantis/Nassau

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First Visit to Atlantis/Nassau

We have 8 & 10 yr old boys and will be staying at Atlantis (Royal Towers?) in March. What tips do you have as far as must do activities, off property and at Atlantis? Anything I need to book/arrange before we go? Thank you for your consideration.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Visit to Atlantis/Nassau

Since you are going during spring break, I advise you to book any excursions that you may want in advance.

www.dolphinencounters.com

www.flyingcloud.info

www.blueholewatersports.com

www.stuartcove.com

www.majestictoursbahamas.com

There's a nice pirates museum downtown www.pirates-of-nassua.com and a small zoo www.ardastra.com

There's also private islands, seqway tours, historic walking tours, 3 forts, the queens staircase, and much much more.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First Visit to Atlantis/Nassau

Thanks. How do we figure out when the cruise ships are going to be offloading? Should we schedule to be off property to avoid the crowds?

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Visit to Atlantis/Nassau

cruiseportinsider.com/nassauschedule2013.html

here's the port schedule. Figure an hour or so after arrival.

You're best bet to use the facilities is usually late in the afternoon.. after 3.

But keep in mind.. in the winter months.. the park closes at 5pm.

As far as being off the property.. it's going to be spring break.. over crowded all day long. Make the best of it.

Edited: 17 February 2013, 16:38
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,344 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Visit to Atlantis/Nassau

Make sure and enjoy all Atlantis has to offer, that's what you're paying for!! Walk all around the whole property, there's tons of stuff to see, the Aquarium of course, check it out during the day and also at night, turtles, etc. Visit all the pools. And of course the slides, hit them early and then right before they close. The cruise ship people have to be back at a certain time. I'm sure it will be crowded (i've never been at spring break), but i hope you have a great time :)

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First Visit to Atlantis/Nassau

On days when only 2 ships are docking, would it be best to stay & enjoy Atlantis or schedule an off property activity? On a 6 ship docking day? Trying to get a feel for the crowds. I figure the Disney Cruise passengers will spend their time at Atlantis rather than off Atlantis property activities.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,905 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Visit to Atlantis/Nassau

Paige, the days with less cruises in is likely to be your best pool days. But Atlantis is capacity controlled, so they are not going to let in more people than can be suitably managed on any given day - no matter how many cruises are in port. It will be busy, given spring break, but there are many quiet areas to enjoy, and as Scuba says, going later in the day is best, as then the cruise crowd will have left. Perhaps you can plan to do things elsewhere in the mornings, then back to Atlantis for the afternoon.

But even downtown (where the ships dock) and other tourist areas are going to be busy during that time, so you will have crowds no matter where you go. Book ahead as much as you can and enjoy the experience. Lots to see and do, so something for everyone.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: First Visit to Atlantis/Nassau

Thank you!

8. Re: First Visit to Atlantis/Nassau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island