We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
car rental

Could anyone please tell me if you can rent a car for one or two days from a hotel with a rental desk?

If so do you know which hotels and about how much/

Actually I am hoping to find somewhere on Cable Beach with a rental outlet.

Thanks

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental

bump

Ashburn, VA
Level Contributor
590 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental

I've never tried to rent one but remember seeing any rental desks. I've been there 6-7 times and never needed a car. It's a relatively small island and other than Cable Beach, Paradise Island and downtown Nassau there isn't a whole lot more. During the day you can get to just about everything on the $1 jitneys and in the evening you are better off with a cab. Parking is bad most places and you wouldn't want to get lost at night in certain areas. Just my opinion.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental

I guess what I'm trying to do is find the most economical and easy way to go from Cable Beach to the Atlantis and back on two back to back days.

We are staying on Cable Beach for the week but have a one night stay at the Comfort Suites booked so we can use the Atlantis. Instead of the four of us crowding into the one room at the Comfort Suites and really sleeping there I was planning on going back to our condo on Cable Beach the first evening.

The next morning I planned to go back to the Atlantis and get bracelets for the second day and then check out of Comfort Suites.

All in all it would involve two round trips the first day and two round trips the second day.

I thought maybe a rental car would be cheaper for two days. Plus maybe you could explore a little.

I would gladly ditch the rental car idea if someone could tell me the cheapest way to get from Cable Beach to Atlantis and back.

thanks

4. Re: car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 17:19