We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach wheelchairs

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beach wheelchairs

Will be at Atlantis for 1 week in oct. Does anyone know if Atlantis has beach type wheelchairs for rental ? We are bringing a standard w/c with us , but would like some beach time also . Thanks . Bill from Ohio

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach wheelchairs

Call Atlantis and ask them directly. 1-800-ATLANTIS. In all my visits to the beaches at Atlantis I never saw any beach wheelchairs. That's not to say they do not rent them.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach wheelchairs

Have never seen one either :(

If calling Atlantis doesn't work try calling Doctor's Hospital (1-242-302-4600) and see if they have any suggestions.

Please come back and share what you find out - thanks!

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach wheelchairs

Contacted Atlantis, cardinal mobility and also doctors hospital . No luck . No access to Beach type wheelchairs . Thanks for your reply .

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach wheelchairs

If you are interested in Blue Lagoon Island. I beleive they have Wheel Chairs that go in the sand.

Of course, they won't do you any good at Atlantis. but a day trip to this beautiful island may be a blessing after staying at Atlantis for a few days.

GIve them a call.

www.dolphinencounters.com

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach wheelchairs

Thanks scubagirrl . That was to be part of our itinerary anyhow . I was going to contact the facility to find out how handicap accessible it was . Wife will try to swim with dolphins . she can walk with a cane , but prolonged walking is difficult, hence the w/c . Thanks again. Bill

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach wheelchairs

They have great facilities for handicap. give them a call and discuss the options.

They also have 2 great beaches.. one in the lagoon that is shallow and very calm.

The other on the back side of the island that is more natural and open water.

Edited: 31 July 2013, 22:50
7. Re: Beach wheelchairs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island