We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis...Certain days of the week?

Elgin, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Atlantis...Certain days of the week?

I'm booking a trip to Atlantis this November. I still do not know what dates to book. Are there certain days to visit that are better than others. Should I plan on being there over a weekend? I've read some reviews about restaurants/stores (in Nassua) being closed on certain days.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,485 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis...Certain days of the week?

What time of year are you thinking of?? this will make a big difference

Elgin, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis...Certain days of the week?

I'm going in November. Booking in the next few weeks.

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis...Certain days of the week?

We travelled last week Monday to Friday and I found everything got busier as the week progressed. I'm sure more knowledgeable people would know about slower times of year. It may be just as important to pay attention to.tips on this forum about what time of day to attempt certain activities at Atlantis, I know it helped us.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
966 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis...Certain days of the week?

Every time we visit Monday and Tuesday seem to be less busy than other days ... With less cruise lines coming in!

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,485 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis...Certain days of the week?

If you are going early in the month, you will find that certain restaurants are on rotation. This is not just early in the week, but all week. Some close if there are not enough reservations, some close last minute.

There's no telling in the off season.

If you are going Thanksgiving week, you shouldn't have a problem with closings, but you might have a problem with reservations. Book early

Monday/Tuesday are lighter days as far as the cruise ship crowds. But they still have 2-3 ships in port.

It's best to go either very early (before 11) or late afternoon (after 3).

Unfortunately, this time of year, the pools and slides close early.. around 5pm ..

Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis...Certain days of the week?

check the cruise schedules online - there is a site that tells you the number of ships and passengers in port each day - when i went earlier this year it varied from 4000 to over 20000 people in port each day so we went to atlantis on the day the least people were in port and didnt have any problems. i dont remember the website, but im sure someone else has it??

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,485 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis...Certain days of the week?

www.cruisett.com is one of them

It's pretty close, but not always up to date.

8. Re: Atlantis...Certain days of the week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island