We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best places for Good jerk chicken near atlantis?

Snellville, Georgia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
best places for Good jerk chicken near atlantis?

Hello Guys,

i will be going to atlantis around the end of april/1st of may of next year and was wondering where the best place to get Good jerk chicken would be?..preferably good and spicey not so much the touristy version they sell at some places but i'll take that too ;-) and preferably as close to atlantis as possible or near the straw market maybe.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best places for Good jerk chicken near atlantis?

You realize you are heading to the bahamas, and not jamaica. Jerk chicken is not a staple here, although we do have a jamaican population. You won't find jerk on most bahamian menus.

Closest decent Jerk would be downtown at the Pepper Pot. I think it's lunch only. It's decent - but a little on the touristy side.

Snellville, Georgia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best places for Good jerk chicken near atlantis?

yes i know jerk chicken is a jamaican dish but i have had it in the bahamas at several places with plantain along with other jamaican dishes and just wanted to know if there was a really good place i was missing.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best places for Good jerk chicken near atlantis?

Riu has awesome jerk chicken on the buffet (depends on the day) usually carib night.

Edited: 11 August 2013, 00:11
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best places for Good jerk chicken near atlantis?

Well, Moontan, that sounds good!.... guess I better go stay at RIU... LOL I will, one of these days... :)

Meanwhile, DJSuperdon - thnx for the question - I am looking forward to following your thread to see if we can find out other places to go (other than Jamaica)...

Edited: 12 August 2013, 00:10
5. Re: best places for Good jerk chicken near atlantis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 05:17