We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-Swimmers at Atlantis

Boston...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Non-Swimmers at Atlantis

I found a couple of threads about this but most were a little bit older. My husband and I are going in a few months, and neither one of us is a very good swimmer. It doesn't seem like the pools are too deep, but I can't find info on the actual depth anywhere. I'd like to be able to go on the slides and everything as well, but I'm not sure how deep the water is if you flip over at the end? I'd appreciate any guidance on which pools or slides would be good for us or which ones we should avoid. Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-Swimmers at Atlantis

We just got back (whole family) last Saturday.

There is plenty (and I mean plenty) of very shallow water in the pools, slides, rides, as well as the ocean, You should have no problem. Plan to get wet.

Vancouver,B.C.
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non-Swimmers at Atlantis

Yes shallow pools for sure. Just be aware that Aquaventure has a few spots where under the right conditions can tip over your tube. One area is in the tunnels along the route and another on the wave generator portion of

the route. Happens only to the odd rider and if it does you won't drown as the water is only about 36 inches deep.

Boston...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non-Swimmers at Atlantis

Thank you both! I'm happy to know we'll both still be able to have fun.

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non-Swimmers at Atlantis

I am not a confident swimmer and I had a great time. Enjoyed all the pools. I went on the serpent slide and it was tame. I also don't like sudden drops so I didn't try more slides. Let my teens enjoy as I relaxed at Cove beach. I went on the rapids/current several times with the kids and loved it. I then got brave and did it alone once, twice, but on the third trip I got tipped out forward in the current, right under water, scared me but I touched bottom and grabbed onto the tube and floated the rest. Several lifeguards inquired if I was okay. From then on I went with my daughter and we held hands between tubes, no problem. Don't miss this experience, it is so much fun. Nothing is deep enough to scare you, stick together and enjoy. I would go back tomorrow if I could.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,861 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non-Swimmers at Atlantis

I can't swim at all really (well maybe dog paddle a bit...lol) and I was fine on all the water rides/current :)

6. Re: Non-Swimmers at Atlantis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 05:17