We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis Waterpark for Non-Swimmers

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis Waterpark for Non-Swimmers

Hi! Which slides and river rides can be enjoyed by non-swimmers? I can't swim or even float, so at the end of the slides I'd like an idea of how deep the pool is that you're dropped into. Even if I'm sitting on a float, there is always the chance of it turning over which is not a big deal for everyone except non-swimmers! How deep are "Lazy River" and "The Current"? Also, my husband and I will be vacationing with our 2 year old son...do you think my husband (who can swim) can just hold our son on the river rides? Or would that not be recommended? Thanks!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,715 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis Waterpark for Non-Swimmers

Life vests are available and free to use for little ones. The Current tube ride around the Power Tower is at most 4 ft. deep but can be deeper just below the wave generator when a wave passes under you. The Lazy River water depth is probably shallower but I have not been on it for years. If your two yr. old has any fear of water, since you both can't swim, then he may be a bit scared even with a life vest on that would make for an unpleasant experience.

At the end of the slides the water is about waist deep with no problem reaching the bottom with your feet.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis Waterpark for Non-Swimmers

I wouldn't recommend taking your little one on the Current lazy river (the one with the rapids), or at least not until your husband tries it a few times on his own, first.

Ditto for the other lazy river, but if either of the rivers were going to be something for the two of them to do, I'd say it would be the regular lazy river - just still let your husband try it solo first.

Have a Great Trip!

Edited: 02 September 2013, 16:35
3. Re: Atlantis Waterpark for Non-Swimmers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island