We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much money?

Elgin, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
how much money?

Haven't seen this topic posted lately.... How much money did you spend on food? And how much money did you spend on souveniers? I'd like to get an idea of how much money go budget. Thanks so much!!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,504 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how much money?

As a guide, figure what you would pay for bf, lunch, dinner, etc. eating out at home in IL. Then double that or thereabouts for your food costs on P.I.. Almost all food purchased there has to be imported. Duty fees and transportation costs add to the price of almost everything imported into the Bahamas. Bring a wad of cash and lock it in your room safe as I do. Then use the safe as your personal ATM, fee free. Be aware that most U.S. bank credit cards charge a 3% Transaction Fee on all out of the U.S. purchases. Paying cashs saves you a lot of $$$'s while there.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how much money?

This is hard to answer because everybody spends different amounts!

My 3 favorite souvenirs are a t-shirt ($20-$25 for a nice one), a Bahamian Calendar ($15) and a case of Kalik Beer ($42) - okay, maybe the last one is hard to take home! Others buy Rolex watches and jewelry from Columbian Emeralds... :)

For eating out - a huge bowl of conch salad is $10, a pizza delivered by Dominos is about $15, dinner for 4 delivered from Double Dragon (chinese) is about $60, Fish Fry meals run about $20pp, a filet mignon (yum) at East Villa is $28, and a filet mignon at Dune at the Ocean Club is about $50...

Edited: 11 October 2013, 13:56
Texas
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much money?

Lunch at the waterpark is priced about the same as our local waterpark. You can also get family deals on some meals there.

Downingtown
Level Contributor
68 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how much money?

We planned for $100-150/day for two adults for food. Also taxi is $70rdtrip from airport to Atlantis. Ferry is $4pp/each way, taxi to nasau from Paradise island is $11/way, $15-20 to go to Fish fry from Atlantis. Plan add 15% auto tax for everything. walking over Bridge took 10-15mins from paradise island plus walk 4-6blks into town. We took cash-locked up in room safe-remember you recieve back Bahamian change.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how much money?

@MichaelH - when you say >>Plan add 15% auto tax for everything.<<

I think you're just meaning the 15% gratuity that is automatically added to restaurant bills, or did you have tax added to another purchase?

6. Re: how much money?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island