We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife at/near Atlantis for wedding-related fun?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife at/near Atlantis for wedding-related fun?

I'm getting married at the Cloisters on a Monday in February and our group of about 30-40 will be staying at the Comfort Suites. It's a daytime wedding and we'll probably be done by about 4 p.m. so I was trying to come up with someplace nearby where the more energetic in our group can have an after-party. Most of us are in our thirties and nobody I know "goes clubbing" but a nice-ish bar with strong drinks would be perfect. (I may or may not change out of my dress first!)

We've been to Atlantis twice but we didn't really get to check out the bars beyond Shark Bites, and we didn't actually even look for bars at nighttime. The pool bar at Comfort Suites, which would have been my first choice, closes early on weeknights, so something that might still be hopping past 10 p.m. is ideal.

Also, at least half of our group is crazy about karaoke. I have heard that there is Friday night karaoke at the Sunrise Beach Villas - has anybody been there? Does it get crowded or would everyone likely get a chance to sing? Are there other, closer places that might also have karaoke?

Edited: 30 October 2013, 17:17
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife at/near Atlantis for wedding-related fun?

Friday night karaoke at Violas ( Sunrise Beach Club) is very popular and can get quite crowded. Everytime I am there is is predominatnly locals coming out to show off their talent.... I found it houtrs of entertainemnet to watchj, many have amazing voices and talent. The early part of the night would propbably be better if you want to ensure a turn at the mike.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife at/near Atlantis for wedding-related fun?

Since you're party is on Monday evening, its going to be hard to find something that's open, let alone entertaining or energetic.

Best bet is to Make your own fun. At that hour, there won't be many places equip for a group of 30/40 additional people. Maybe Green Parrot Harbourside could accomodate you.

Whereever you choose, I would reserve ahead of time. Alot of places have only a handful of staff on a monday.

Senor Frogs or Sharkeys may be ok as well - they are located downtown.

Edited: 31 October 2013, 14:00
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife at/near Atlantis for wedding-related fun?

Hi MontanaSlim - Welcome to the PI Forums! Wow, getting married at the Cloisters - hope you have a wonderful wedding; that's a beautiful spot :)

Viola's is pretty close, or another spot not much further is Crazy Johnny's. CJ's usual karaoke night is Weds but it's a small place (so is Viola's) and for a group your size I'd call (1-242-393-3960) and ask if they wouldn't add on a night for you :) https://www.facebook.com/crazyjohnnysbar

4. Re: Nightlife at/near Atlantis for wedding-related fun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 06:21