We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Power Boat Adventures vs. Island Adventures

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Power Boat Adventures vs. Island Adventures

These two excursions look very similar. Similar boats, stops and prices. I am interested in the excursion that takes you to see the iguanas, swimming pigs, stingrays and sharks. I have no desire to swim with sharks but would be cool just to see it. We are not really snorkelers. Mainly along for the ride and the views. Wondering if anyone has any advice that can compare the two.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Power Boat Adventures vs. Island Adventures

Correction: Island World Adventures

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Power Boat Adventures vs. Island Adventures

You can always give both a call and ask about their itineraries.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Power Boat Adventures vs. Island Adventures

Tigervette,

Yes, maybe worth a phone call. They really look very similar, almost the SAME! Looks like there may be a difference in the order of stops. Probably six of one, half a dozen of another. Just wondering if anyone had done both and had an opinion as to which was more enjoyable!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Power Boat Adventures vs. Island Adventures

I've never been on either as I was never crazy about a very fast open seas ride for about 60 miles that can get pretty choppy and wet under less than ideal conditions.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Power Boat Adventures vs. Island Adventures

Point taken, LOL! Wow, have I learned how wind conditions can change and affect the water. Living on a boat, this is something we stay on top of. Will research the weather conditions before I book anything. Great advice!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Power Boat Adventures vs. Island Adventures

Powerboat Adventures is the one you want and you will love it!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Power Boat Adventures vs. Island Adventures

While very similar, I much prefered Island world over power boat, i preferred their boats, their island, and the walking on sand bars which power boat does not have.

However, Island world does not do swimming pigs.

Edited: 31 October 2013, 12:18
Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Power Boat Adventures vs. Island Adventures

I think Big Major Spot/Cay is too far south for these guys to go. That is where the swimming pigs live and the nurse sharks are at Compass Cay, also too far.

From what I read, they feed the sharks and stingrays on their respective islands (Ship Channel Cay for Power Boat and Saddleback Cay for the other) so you should get to see them. Power Boat Adv also stops at Allens Cay and Island World stops at Leaf Cay. Take a look at the Exumas in your chart book so you can see where you're going.

You should really try and make it to the Staniel Cay area another way, it's so beautful.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Power Boat Adventures vs. Island Adventures

power boats adventure has pigs on their island - so you do not need to venture down to the ones further south

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Power Boat Adventures vs. Island Adventures

Thanks, everyone! Will likely go with Powerboat due to the pigs. I would love to go to Staniel Cay at some point. Will have to research the best way to get there.

001travleler-

What did you like better about the boats and island with Island adventures?