We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis, paradise Island over w/end Jan 18-19 2014

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis, paradise Island over w/end Jan 18-19 2014

I'm going to Coral Towers that weekend (at ruinous expense) and v excited! Up here in Fla thats a holiday weekend and it seems v busy. the absolute most thing i want to do is the swimming/wading w dolphins thing which is limited to 10 people per dolphin. Can i book i advance? Website does not seem to tell me how. Are there other things I should be booking in advance for?

Also, I'm travelling alone, am from UK and do not plan to rent a car. Will this be a problem? How do I get from airport to Corsal Towers - is there a free shuttle??

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,256 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis, paradise Island over w/end Jan 18-19 2014

There are no 'free' shuttles to Atlantis from the airport. A taxi for two costs $32 plus $1 for the toll bridge and a tip. Additional passengers cost $3pp. and extra for extra bags around $1 each. You do NOT need a car to stay at Atlantis.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis, paradise Island over w/end Jan 18-19 2014

Bloody hell. I thought a 5 star hotel would have a free shuttle? Thanks!!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,256 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis, paradise Island over w/end Jan 18-19 2014

Nothing is 'free' at Atlantis except the air and using the restrooms :-)

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis, paradise Island over w/end Jan 18-19 2014

The Marathon Bahamas is this weeked too so that might make it a bit busier than usual.

Geneva, Illinois
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis, paradise Island over w/end Jan 18-19 2014

Rumors are out there that they could be implementing an "air" plan that is $99 for adults and $49 for kids. If your kids are under 6, though, the air is free.

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis, paradise Island over w/end Jan 18-19 2014

To save money you could try to book a dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon, it is an easy walk to the main ferry dock where they leave from. You can book through their website. You will have plenty to do at Atlantis. There is cheaper food options close by at Marina Village and the small plaza beyond. No problem walking anywhere. Atlantis is a beautiful place, you will not regret visiting. Take a taxi from the airport, maybe you could get lucky and share. It's too bad you didn't post earlier as there are cheaper options to visit Atlantis without staying there.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis, paradise Island over w/end Jan 18-19 2014

Thanks. Tbh I,m more worried aout them all being bked up than the money. Ive been working in the middle of nowhere in Fla for 3 weeks so Im blowing it all on a treat! (Not that I mind saving money but I only really have 3 full days plus an evening and a morning. I just got an email from Atlantis encouraging me to customise my trip, which I tok t mean bking things, but when I tried to register it told me to bk things thru my "travel agent". I booked online like any normal person. Does this mean I cant bk anything till. Arive? i looked for. A contact button but seen none..

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,509 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis, paradise Island over w/end Jan 18-19 2014

We've used the dan knowles shuttle which we booked through Atlantis. For two people it was around $58 roundtrip. Give Atlantis a call if you want to book the shuttle or the dolphin encounter :)

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantis, paradise Island over w/end Jan 18-19 2014

The dolphin trips (Dolphin Cove @ Atlantis & Blue Lagoon out on Salt Cay) definitely do get booked up, and since this coming weekend is a USA holiday weekend (MLK day on Monday) the island should be busy.

If it were me, I'd book in advance. I'd call them and book directly - DC = 1-242-363-3000 ext. 69500 & BL = 1-866-918-9932

Have Fun!

Baltimore
Level Contributor
360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atlantis, paradise Island over w/end Jan 18-19 2014

Jenevs - Could you please report how the weather is?